passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Final Fantasy VII

Sly Reflex

I am currently standing outside the Temple of the Ancients. I hate this bit. Mainly because I never take Aeris with me so she's all weedy and stuff. Cloud has Meteor Rain now though so that should deal with the big boss there pretty quickly, just have to sit around letting him get slapped in the face for a bit before I go in there.

Every time I play FFVII I always say to myself I am going to rename Red, Nanaki and I am going to take someone that isn't Barret and Cid. I just swapped Aeris for Barret and I'm going into the temple with Red....FAIL! I know I'm going to put Cid in the party when I get out of there as well, I'm such a weak man :weep:

the big boss there

Oh man that stupid

Dragon coming out of the wall thing

, I nearly gave up on the game at this point the first time because I wasn't nails enough and I'd saved so that I couldn't go back and level up. Persevered and got there in the end but it was ropey there for a while.

Ive not played on this as much as I should have done. Got distracted by the absolutely awesome Final Fantasy Crisis Core. Just going to be getting back the final fantasy 7 shortly, but Im going to need to definitely strengthen myself up.

I just finished disc one.

I love the death scene. It's just so well done, the way she dies, Cloud's reaction and the music make you feel so numb. Then the boss fight holds no real challenge and it just puts across this feeling of doing daily actions after you lose someone, you don't think about it, you just do it because it's what you always do.

Shit, I need to pick up the pace with this motha, Ive just done the whole shinra mansion exploration and got

Vincent, he is so cool.

dropped Tifa. Got Odin, which is also tres cool. Got some fairly decent materia, but I still dont think im strong enough to kick total ass.

Abandoned my attempt to get Leviathan from the Pagoda on Wutai after Yuffie wasn't quite strong enough to beat Godo, plus the fact I haven't earned Regen on any of my Restore materia's and had forgotten to buy Barrier whilst in Rocket Town, which put me at a huge disadvantage (when I have them I always cast Haste, Barrier and Regen in boss type fights), so have stuck Yuffie in my party alongside Tifa and Cloud (Red is relegated for a lil while) so I can strengthen her and get these materia levelled up, probably won't be able to go back to Wutai until disc 2 now.

I managed that first time, I had levelled up a fair bit before I went to the temple mind, and Vincent's limit break helped more than a little.

Im back into really enjoying this now, im on the second disc at the bit where you are forced to shuffle around the party a lot. The story has picked up and there was a lot of stuff I didnt remember that happened.

My next main aim is going to be getting vincents ultimate weapon and ultimate limit. Still havnt found yuffie yet.

• 5 months later...

After a massive hiatus of this, I'm back to it. Just worked my way from the beachy place through the hills into the junk place and onto the golden saucer. I have not got a fucking clue what's going on. I seem to remember cloud having a really destructive magic that fired missiles all over, but I'll be fucked it I know where that's gone now.