passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Final Fantasy VII

Sly Reflex

Like I said, I'm getting it down very quickly.

My party is Cloud - Barrett - Tifa

Cloud has Slash All so he's hitting everything, Barrett has Ultima linked to MP Absorb so is using Ultima pretty much for no MP cost, and Tifa is just kind of there punching things and casting Regen.

Cloud and Tifa both have Ribbons, I can't remember what Barrett has but I'm sure it's useless. 

Cloud's Limit is Metorain and Barrett's is Angermax so they both do a lot of Limit damage. Tifa is only up to her 4th combo move though and doesn't seem to want to learn any new ones.

I might give Tifa Cloud's Enemy Skill so she can use Mega Flare on it, I imagine that'd do it some damage.

1 hour ago, RikSP said:

I guess it's back to banging my head against a fucking wall then. Cool.

No need. You said Cloud has Enemy Skill and you've reloaded outside Northern Crater? Pop to Gongaga, by the coast, and grab Big Guard from this guy:

latest?cb=20120320204351

As far as Limit Breaks go. I'd suggest a farming spot that should max out their Limit Breaks in about an hour? Assuming you got Barret's by saving Coral Town?? Tifa's is in Nibelheim (the piano) and Cloud's is the ultimate prize for finishing the Battle Square of Golden Saucer. Basically, Omnislash (Cloud's Level 4) is almost a guaranteed 1 hit KO to Jenova...

Limit Break Farming

Other than Cait Sith and Vincent, every character has two Limit Breaks per Level. Until the Ultimate Limit Break: Level 4, which is often awarded by special means. How it works is you earn Limit Breaks in two ways. One is Limit Break uses and the other is Kill Count. Getting one over the other is how you can miss secondary Limit Breaks and just jump from one level to the next. This is the strategy I used to get them all, for every character (other than Aeris, whose thresholds were lowered for maxing out in Disc one) in about an hour of focused grinding.

Spoiler

latest?cb=20180925163016

Go to this forest on the peninsula near Nibelheim. There you want to encounter this guy:

latest?cb=20120711000225

Battery Cap. You [ideally] encounter them in sets of 4 (alongside another enemy) or 5/6 on their own. Have one character with some kind of All targeting Materia rake in the kill count. This is phase one.

latest?cb=20110508063709

Phase Two. Cactaur Island and this guy:

latest?cb=20120609001954

You'll need Manipulate Materia. Remove all countering abilities and put the entire party into Fury state, to make this quicker. Use and reuse his 1000 Needle ability to max out your Limit Break uses. Certain people, such as Yuffie or Red XIII have non-Offensive Limit Breaks that mean you can cast them multiple times per encounter. As these two areas are relatively close with the Highwind, you can use to multi-target limit breaks on the Battery Caps if you want to min-max both. I can't remember the exact number thresholds now, but keep at it until the unlock appears. This can also be applied retro actively if, for example, you're on Barret's level 3 and his Level 1 & 2 only have one Limit Break each. As you can always reset your Limit Breaks to another level.

Obviously following the above, Vincent and Cait Sith are the easiest to max out early. Cait Sith, I typically can reach his final Level 2 Limit Break even before Aeris'. With Vincent, until you get his Level 4, I would largely recommend sticking with his Level 2 Limit Break. As his Level 3 is relatively weak.

Done Jenova Synthesis.

I gave Tifa Mega Flare and made sure my party all had Limit Breaks ready when the fight started. Did everything the same as usual but hit it with Meteorain when the countdown started.

I don’t remember anything about this stuff when I played the game. I thought it was just double ultima and make someone else heal and that was that. 

But it I did grind on the way so maybe that’s why I never had to learn Materia 

Bizarro Sephiroth I do remember being easier than Jenova. The Final Form - Safer Sephiroth - can still prove a challenge. Fun Fact: That boss fight scales with your level. If you take him on at Level 99... It is, tough. Bizarro Sephiroth can die with one Knights of The Round Summon or Omnislash Limit Break, Safer won't. He will normally counter immediately with Supernova. My go-to team [Cloud, Vincent, Cid] still struggled even with their Limit Breaks ready and being maxed out.

He is the final boss of the game, Persevere is all you can do. Ribbons are also essential for the entire party. Good luck!

Last time I played the game I forgot about ribbons and after supernova hit everyone was frogs and spinning around and shit except Red. This was after I beat Ruby and Emerald and I was like, oop. Red came through with the elixers though and we pwnt. 

So...er... started this again on my vita as currently on holibobs with the famalam. Just completed the train section and about to head up the tower. Wedge has taken a dive off the top. Love this game still. Here we go again!