passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Opera 10 Beta Released

DANGERMAN

This is such a geeky topic.

Download

There's a new version of Opera out (Opera 10), although it's only in the beta. It's still fantastic though, best browser around I'd say and ive only used it for 10 minutes. It's lightning fast, I think the principle is the same as the opera mini system for condensing stuff. There's also a turbo button for slower connections and resource heavy pages

When you have multiple tabs open, if you click and drag downwards at the bottom of an unopened tab you can see what's in it. Kind of pointless if you could just switch between them, but if you dont mind condensing your window a bit then your top bar will show everything that's open.

They've sorted the spell check out too, the last one worked but Firefox's Word style red lines were more useful. So it's now got that and an easy install for UK English

The speed dial page that opens whenever you open a new tab (if you've tried Chrome then it's like the favourites page there, except better). You can now extend that to show 25 pages rather than just 9

The only downside i can see is you need to redo all your password saves. However for bookmarks, speed dial squares and any notes you made, you just need to do the sync option in your old opera before using the new one (click file, it's near the bottom), then when you use the new one select sync again.

Works on macs too btw

NERRRRRRRRD

Just kidding.

I've never managed to get on with Opera, i <3 firefox, which just goes beyond browser into something else more useful completely. I've tried opera a few times and it is a great browser but i just love the extra stuff i can do with FF.