passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

>>SPACE MARINE<<

TopGunKnacker

just got an email off thq about this little badboy they just announced

http://www.thq.com/uk/thqtv/index?movieId=3145

trailer ^

looks splendiferous, an action rpg in the warhammer40k universe??? count me in mofo!!!!!!! chain swording myself through a horde of orcs or tyranids in real time action sounds great on its own, but if the rpg element is substantial this game could have a LOT of depth. its made by Relic, so theres pedigree involved

coming out on pc, ps3 and 360

and it has an official site, not much on it though - www.spacemarine.com

they did the dawn of war games for a kick off, which apart from being great are also set in the warhammer 40k universe so theyve got plenty of the right experience. although i cant remember them doing an rpg before, im sure theyll do a good job as they seem to be a very clever bunch of bastards.

every game that smacks of tolkien has its orcs n goblins, or >hobbes<. but warhammer and 40k has a special place in my heart as the first marvellous tolkien homage i came across growing up. such a rich world, shame that board games are crap. i painted me some eldar and chaos marines though!

an action RPG would be awesome, i never liked the RTS ones.

but i never like space marines either, i is got tyranids.

Lol they showed a Ork Nob in mega armour.

I am not a nerd.

I am not a nerd.

Yes you are. I don't have a clue what all this means but I like how they have gone out and just called it 'Space Marine'. What you see is what you get. No 'Spartans', Cogs' or whatever the fuck they call them in Killzone, just 'Space Marines'.

It looks more of a general action game than a shooter which is what I thought it would be. A game beating the fuck out of things means I'm interested.

what i love about the warhammer space marines, is theyre the baddest ass space marines going, cybernetically and biologically enhanced super bastards wearing ridiculously huge body armour and packing similarly obscene weapons. with an almost (or entirely, considering how much they bum the emperor) religious zealotry and manic devotion to the survival of humankind to boot!!! out of all the depictions of future human fighting forces, games workshops' imaginings are the ones id want defending our dominion

• 2 years later...

of course! kill team is an excellent starter that i havnt had a chance to fully enjoy yet.

i love on gaming sites how everyone is either comparing space marine to gears or getting mighty pissed off that people are comparing it to gears.

still, the kill 40k enemies achievement sounds like it will be a pain in the arse.

i love on gaming sites how everyone is either comparing space marine to gears or getting mighty pissed off that people are comparing it to gears.

still, the kill 40k enemies achievement sounds like it will be a pain in the arse.

i think the gears comparison is partly relic's fault, they did compare themselves to it a while back. seems its more of a hack and slash supplemented with guns, a la dmc, than a shooter. and theres no cover system afaik

i dunno about the 40k enemies, if its single player, i dont think itll be too bad. getting the 5000 enemies killed achievement on kill team was really easy