passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

A Kingdom for Keflings

Hendo

Took Sly's advice from the Gaming Week thread and downloaded the trial for this, then got to the end of the demo and bought it.

A really relaxing strategy game and the music is really good too, all acoustic guitars and banjos.

How do you train the keflings to pick resources up? Do you just drop them off at the piles? I've got plenty of people harvesting wood and stone but muggins here has to go and pick them up.

You can train them to harvest whatever you want, and then take it to wherever you want. To do this, pick up a kefling, show him the trees (or whatever you want shifting or harvesting). Once you have done that, pick him/her up, then show them where you want them to drop off the item. They then should cut down the tree, then take the log to where you want to keep it. You really should stock the original storehouse with as many logs and stone as you can though. You should build the houses as soon as you get the love to do so as well, as you always need more little dudes to ease the burden a little. Another tip is to leave it on while you go have a break, as some of the buildings are really resource heavy, sitting for ages while you wait for resources to build up so you can finish something is a pain in the arse. A bloody addictive game though.

There are two ways to get hearts. You can win them by doing what the mayor/king asks you to do, or you can mine resources and find them underneath. You can also find tools and upgrades under resources. The resources on the outer side of the play area are unlimited, so don't worry about running out of stuff to gather.

This thread made me try A Kingdom for Keflings, and I'm glad I did. It's a very relaxing game to play, the music and the general structure of the game eases you in gently and it's a joy to see your little Keflings doing their little thing. One question, is it possible to move (or knock down) buildings once they have been built? I built a couple houses and some other buildings, but I just placed them randomly, and the OCD in me likes to have things laid out nicely. I reckon I'll end up getting this though, it's a nice antidote to the shooters and a good way to unwind it seems.

Edit: Oh, just read the 'how to play' section, and it appears you can move your buildings by breaking them and moving the indivudal pieces. Ideal, I'll unlock it now then. :)

Yeah, press "X" to punch buildings until they fall into their component parts, then you can move them. Beware, if you try to do this to store houses, the resources will have to be moved after, as they just lay on the floor where the building once stood. I'm glad you guys are enjoying it. If everyone gets it we'll be able to build flags or something. I don't know, I never played it online. I want to try though.

I unlocked the game, but didn't save or anything beforehand, so I lost what I'd done so far. Not to worry, it was only 30 minutes or so. I'm looking forward to starting it again, I can see me playing this a fair bit. Nice tip about leaving it running in the background to help gain resources quicker.

I just finished all the offline achievements last night, I only need the banner ones now. I cheekily save someone else's game online with quite a few different peoples banners in, so I'm going to use that to get the 10 in a game. The 20 is quite a big ask though, as people seem to go in an out of games for no reason, probably looking for the play in an online game with 20 unique banners achievement. I reckon we could do it if we persevered though, I know there are a few people on my friendslist who have this game.

I :wub: this game, big time. It's so damn addictive, I'm having to tear myself away after three hours solid so I can go to bed. A Kingdom for Keflings has really struck a chord with me, and is possibly the best 800 points I've spent.

Must. Go. To. Bed.

I've built my Keep and factory and am making all sorts of things now. It's so good.

I told you guys it was like crack. The next building is never enough, you keep going and going. Then you realise it is 5 in the morning and you have to set off for work in 30 minutes.

:lol:

Good, innit?

I've finished with the keep so I'm on my way to building the castle. A shame I didn't think my town planning through though, it's all over the shop.

Yeah, weirdly it is! I'm at the same point. I'm moving it all around though (which you can do without losing anything), but it still seems a bit tricky.