passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Cameras

Hendo

Looking for something else made me find my old Logitech webcam, so I plugged it in and gave it a test record on my TV while playing a game. Going back to what wiivo was trying with his end of the SFIV tournament I thought it might be cool to have some kind of camera set up for those random times when video evidence would be handy. :rolleyes:

Anyway, the webcam is cheap and old and you can't output at a resolution higher than 320x240 if you want to record video and even still it looks pretty poor.

What do people recommend? With the camera on the iPhone being sheeeeeeiite it might be handy for me to get something decent but cheap.

funnily enough this is what i was getting you to test for me yesterday..

If you PC has a firewire port, you could pick up a cheap DV camera (at work we use Canon MV890 which are sturdy for the kids, plus with some additional software can be used as skype webcams). Or you could go for a hard drive camcorder but you would have to check compatibility and stuff, some won't work as webcams, JVC's use there own codec which makes editing a total ball ache.

::EDIT::

you can also get USB devices that take composite inputs so you could record on your PC games from 360, ps3, ps2 cube, wii etc etc. I know Dealextreme sell them, but i can't remember what they are called.

This is the capture device i was thinking of

Pinnacle Dazzle DVD Recorder

And here is some footage of wiisports captured using it.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

£29.99