passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Star Trek

David

Never ever really liked Star Trek, but this looks like it could be pretty good. Plus its got Sylar in it (I wish! "Captain Kirk, you're really beginning to annoy me" *screeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee*) :lol:

I want to see it and I normally dont like Star Trek, but I rarely get the chance to get to the cinema. I am trying to get a babysitter this weekend so we can go but Wolverine takes priority (Hugh Jackman + Ryan Reynolds :blush: )

But Wolverine is not very good. If you're a comic book fan you'll hate what they do to Deadpool.

yeah it made me a bit sad that they broke deadpool :( though han enjoyed watching hugh ultra-buff jackman running around in a vest a lot

REALLY liked it. I'll write proper impressions tomorrow, but I'll say my mouth was agape at times, I've never seen SFX that good. See this film in the cinema, it'll lose so much of it's holy shitness on DVD.

Yeah it was pretty damn good, gotta admit. Somehow, though, my gripes with it are the same ones I had before seeing it; I don't really see why they had to go to the bother of retaining so much continuity (same characters, Leonard Nimoy,

slightly overcomplicated expositional time travel plot

etc.) when they claim they're not trying to appeal to the Trek fan anyway. I think I'd still rather have seen a new Next Gen movie, but that's just me probably.

My girlfriend loved it. Jesus, come to think of it, that says it all.

to me it seems like theyre trying to make star trek seem like 'the OC', i wished i was wrong but the trailers confirmed it as far as im concerned. wont be bothering, big fan of the original ST and The Next Generation over here so you know im taking this seriously.

to me it seems like theyre trying to make star trek seem like 'the OC', i wished i was wrong but the trailers confirmed it as far as im concerned. wont be bothering, big fan of the original ST and The Next Generation over here so you know im taking this seriously.

It's really not the OC at all. All the characters are pretty much as they were, except maybe Kirk who's a little more cocky than he was the TOS, and the character relations are pretty much still there, except they go a bit too far on the Uhura fancying Spock thing.

And Chinzon, I personally wouldn't have the balls to ruin 40 years of continuity. The Trekkies would go mental. Mind you, I don't know how many hardcore Trekkies are left to even care. The way they did it meant the

original continuity stays and they have their own new one to fuck around in, without having to worry about continuity.

Just got back from watching it, gotta say i thought it was pretty fucking excellent. Im a fan of Next Gen/Voyager/DS9 (not seen much Enterprise) but not the original series but after seeing this im interested in the characters a little more.

it's funny as when i saw the cinema trailers it looks awesome, but i know what you mean about the tv trailers, it does look a bit american teen drama from them, still i'm gonna go on my intitial cinema trailer impressions and hope it's awesome

Just got back from watching it, gotta say i thought it was pretty fucking excellent. Im a fan of Next Gen/Voyager/DS9 (not seen much Enterprise) but not the original series but after seeing this im interested in the characters a little more.

Not seen Enterprise?!!!! the last season is just quality some of the best Trek Tv ever!

Im really looking forward to watching the new film, just waiting for payday then off for a pizza and film and beer night!!

I have now seen Batman Begins Superman Returns Star Trek

5/10. So average. I was never bored but also never thrilled or gripped. The story was just dumb. Plots involving time travel often are because it's just the writer screaming out of his office window IT"S TIME TRAVEL SO I CAN DO WHATEVER THE FUCK I LIKE AND YOU HAVE TO ACCEPT IT.

For reference I enjoyed the original series and movies up until Professor Charles Xavier showed up.

Surprisingly Pegg was rubbish. It made me sad :( Chekov was by far the best character and most true to what he becomes.

p.s What the fuck was with that little alien Scotty brought on board? I see Jar Jar Binks potential in him.

wow, did someone shit in your pop corn?

Personally i thought it was excellent, it managed to reboot the franchise, making it exciting for none trekkies, but also was faithful enough to existing ST canon to keep fans on board. Abrams is a genius at this kind of thing, managing to fleshout characters, whilst keeping a cracking pace.

I thought the plot was pretty good to, and managed to side step the normal gaping plot holes that happen with Time Travel.

Best film of the summer for me..

• 3 weeks later...