passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Red Dwarf

RivaOni

Anyone else gonna watch the Easter Special/21st Anniversary of Red Dwarf tonight?

I'm really looking forward to it, in a concerned sort of way, I REALLY want it to be good as I love the Dwarf (got seasons 1-4 on DVD, watched them all again over the past week and a half with Chixie, got the other 4 seasons on order). Just hope the returns worth the wait (and that hopefully if it is good, it'll spring a full on return)

Entertaining, but a slow start. Some funny moments, most from Rimmer as per usual and felt Chris Barrie and Danny John-Jules slipped back into their roles easier than Craig Charles and Robert Llewellyn did, thats not to say the latter two were bad, just the other two were better.

Other than the giant squid (which admittedly was this episodes centre piece) there wasn't the standard Red Dwarf OTT stuff.

Yeah it felt like it only got going 5 minutes before the end, I'm guessing thats because it was written as a 3 parter (or even the film), so when watched back to back on the innevitable dvd it'll make more sense.

Liking Big Suze with the russian accent :blush:

Not bad, not lol out loud funny but watchable

I think the live audience used to add something to it too. I know alot of people say its only there to tell people when to laugh, which I guess is true, but I got the impression Craig Charles used to play off it. He used to have a really cheeky grin when Lister was upto something, like he couldn't wait for that laugh from the audience, but that was missing so it felt like part of Lister's character was missing.

As I said, still enjoyed it though and its set things up nicely for Saturday and Sunday.

yeah i missed the audience too, but then watching the i.t. crowd shows that laughter, real or otherwise, when the jokes dont deserve it sounds a bit hollow.

I thought they used too much cgi too, the scuttlebots (was that what they were called) looked better before imo

I started watching but I fell asleep about half way through - from the bit of it that I saw I think the cat was the funniest. Craig Charles seemed a bit bored by it all I think.

I will watch the others tho and might even try to stay awake!

Was it continued last night? If so, I didn't watch it, anyone catch it and did it improve?

Oh yeah, the scuttlebots were definitely CGI. They looked close to the real thing but I could spot the fake shininess a mile off.