passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Shadow of the Colossus: The Movie?

Chinzon

Any news story with the word 'McG' in it should be treated with disdain anyway.

If they could keep it like the game it could be really good - but they will no doubt Hollywoodise it beyond all belief.

I bet they turn Agro into a talking horse. That can transform.

The man whose job it is to turn Shadow of the Colossus into a movie script has spoken about his love of the "emotional and experiential" core of the game and denied he's going to put a foxy sidekick in it or anything like that.

"This is a game that catches you unaware - it catches you on an emotional and experiential level, not just for the puzzles you solve," Justin Marks told the Hollywood Reporter's blog last week (sorry we're so tardy).

"With a lot of games you're caught trying to please the fans and the mainstream audience," he said. "What's so nice about this game is that it's all seen through such an adult lens, so that what pleases the fans also pleases a wider audience."

All of which is slightly less disturbing than what we were told when the project was announced - in particular about how "some of the characters who appear only momentarily in the game" would be fleshed out.

However, there are still traces of that, especially when Marks tells the blog: "With a lot of games there are so many elements in the universe you spend your time tearing down and tearing down. What's nice about this game is that it's so sparse so you can start building right away."

I wonder if he realises there are people out there that will hunt him down and stab him if he ruins it?

But in Boll's defence, he's hardly destroyed people's memories of arty critical darling games. House of the Dead, Alone in the Dark and Postal are hardly in the same league as SotC. And I don't even like SotC.

There's people that burst out crying at even the mention of a colossus. They're gonna murder him.

I wonder if he realises there are people out there that will hunt him down and stab him if he ruins it?

Those same people have yet to kill Boll. Although having listened to a lengthy interview with him I respect him a lot more now.

Having watched a few of his films now I genuinely believe he's improving. His cinematography is actually quite good, he's starting to cut his films down more, they're more focused now at least. These could all be due to larger budgets and hiring of better staff mind. He still needs to learn how to write a script, or better yet just hire someone who can, also he needs to stop trying to be funny, it doesnt work.

He has an eye for hot girls too

Justin Marks is responsible for writing Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li.

Just thought I'd put that out there.

Did that ever come out in cinemas in the UK? I wanted to see it. :blush: