passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

U2

RivaOni

Saw U2 performing at the end of Friday Night with Jonathon Ross and then watched that BBC2 thing about them afterwards (I dunno why, nothing else on I suppose), and ignoring their music as some of it I actually quite like, I just felt like I was watching a bunch of sad, egotistical tossers who are in/approaching their 50's and are desperately trying to hang on to their youth. I didn't feel any kind of anger or annoyance towards them, I felt pity and it was a really strange feeling to get from a band that who's members split public opinion. You either love Bono or hate him, the same goes for "The Edge" :rolleyes: and the other two are kind of invisible. When I've seen similar stuff about The Rolling Stones or what have you, I've thought "maybe its about time to give up the tight jeans and leather jackets" but thats normally about it, with U2 I just felt it was about time they just gave up the whole celebrity/publicity thing all together, I have no problem with how they try to help poorer countries, but sometimes I do feel like Bono especially clings to it in order to stay in the public spotlight.

I hate them.

I was never really into their music back at school when they were popular and nowadays Bono just winds me up.

On Friday they were doing their secret rooftop gig litterally 2 minutes away from where i work.

A few people had posted photos of it all being set up on their lunchbreaks.

I have to cycle past that building on my way home. I had no intention of going to see it even though it was so close and all i

could think was 'i hope those cunts don't create lots of traffic and make my journey home a nightmare'

I mean seriously... how far up someones own arse can they all be.

after the brit awards the other night i was watching the after show thing on ITV2 and Natlie Appleton and one of the other morons from all saints were doing behind the scenes "reporting". Watching a pissed Bono and the edge trying to hit on them on live tv is probably one of the most cringe worthy things i have ever watched, it was just embarrassing..

I was just trying to find a utube clip of it, but it isn't there.

Ahh, this thread made me so happy!

I avoided it a while and was expecting a load of U2 love but no, its all good! :D

I hate them too, VERY annoying I find. Radio 1 have been bigging them up all week as they were in the live lounge Friday (I think, I couldn't listen, too much hate) and billing them as the biggest band in the world.... It just makes me cross, I can't explain why though, they just anger me.

I sit very comfortably right in the middle.

I like some of their stuff (Achtung Baby and Joshua Tree are classic albums) but some of their newer stuff sounds like them treading water and I can completely get people's hatred for Bono. But then, what else would you want a rich rock star do but spend their free time publicising good causes? I mean, he does use his position to bring up stuff to a lot of people that otherwise wouldn't acknowledge it or care, so good for him on that.