passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Purchasing a new 360

retroed

Right. I'm thinking of going for the red Elite bundle at GAME for £230. I would trade my current Elite in to put towards it.

Apart from asking to keep my old hard drive and let them keep the new one (I don't really want to do this), is there a way I can get rid of my old one and just have an all new system and hard drive? I'm not fussed about the purchased arcade games and themes that I have on the system, as I can download them all again can't I? http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/support/drm/ Am I OK to get rid of my current 360 and then get the new one, or do I need to get the new one before getting rid of my current one?

So really, it's just my saves and Gamertag that I somehow need to keep, isn't it? Would the best way to do this be trying to find a memory card (anyone got one I could borrow for a bit? :) ), and backup my tag and saves then transfer to the new system?

Sorry for all the questions, but if I do go for this deal, I want to make sure my saves and tag etc are safe. Thanks.

Edit:

I've just swapped my console at a retailer, but I don't have proof of the exchange. Can I still transfer the licenses?

Yes, but remember that you are only allowed to transfer your licenses once per year.

Right, so it's just my Gamertag and Saves that I need to worry about. Is that right?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A 256MB card should be fine for backing up my saves and gamertag, I reckon. I just had a quick tot up and I think they all come to under 200MB excluding DLC and stuff. They're harder to find though, most places do either 64MB or 512MB. Argh!

Right, I just fired the 360 up to check (and to buy Braid, I really should play it in full before I slate it, who knows, I might enjoy it?) and I put the card in to see how much it has on it. The actual size is 232MB. You might have to prioritise which saves you import across, unless you can have both HDD in 1 room and transport stuff across like that.

If GAME don't get the red Elite in store, I may have to order online (if I can find the funds), in which case I would have both systems here until I trade my 360 in for a DSi, so could swap stuff over easily. If they do get them in though, I'll be swapping them in store. I could do without a few saves if I have to, it's not a huge problem. I think it's only just over 200MB for all my saves, gamertag, and themes (which I think I can re-download) though, so 232MB should be fine. B)

Also, Braid is great.