passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Street Fighter IV

DANGERMAN

spatular, if the combo is hard kick - focus attack, and you can pull off both attacks on their own ok, then your problem is timing. try assigning focus attack to one button, and then as soon as you push the hard kick button mash the focus attack button

thanks i'll give that a try :) although if that's the only way i'll be able to do it i might not find it that much use in the main game :?

hinn, that's a good point, it's ryu i was playing with.

The challenge mode does get really hard, you end up havving to do a cancel-dash, which I'm not 100% sure how to do (on the latter stages of hard i think). I think it's tap focus attack, then tap forward twice and you move faster into things and can keep your combo going

that thing where you charge a focus attack then double tap to cancel, i managed to do that while looking through the manual to try and find out what i was doing wrong above. although i have no idea how to do any combos yet. and i don't understand the focus attack at all as whenever i do it people just punch me in the face like normal, isn't it supposed to block so you can counterattack or something? edit - did some focus moves in multiplayer and it worked fine :)

Ahhh crap i rekon ill have to get this game now.

I got farcry with me today to trade in for something as i am sick of its bugs and lack of support from ubicunts.

I rekon ill have more fun on the 360 cos more of you lot have it.... but anyone using the standard 360 controller??? And how bad is it?

Ahhh crap i rekon ill have to get this game now.

I got farcry with me today to trade in for something as i am sick of its bugs and lack of support from ubicunts.

I rekon ill have more fun on the 360 cos more of you lot have it.... but anyone using the standard 360 controller??? And how bad is it?

IMO its fucking awfull, by a Hori pad from Play Asia if your gonna 360 it. Worth it i rekon.

I love this game so far, the timing felt a little clumsy at first but thats only because im so used to SF2 and its incantations. The whole game has a polish that the series has been longing for, its excelently presented and theres an absolute fucking ton to do.

My first time through Arcade i played on Normal and struggled like fuck, took me ages to beat bloody cheating M.Bison and even longer to beat Seth. It took me 14 continues overall. Second time on Meduim i did it with Guile, 2 continues. Third with Ryu, i only died on Bison again, beat Seth no problem. Fourth with Sakura and i died on Seth's second form right at the last second :(

Brilliant stuff, cant wait to play u guys online when my Elite is returned ;(

I haven't found the pad that bad. They've made it so using the analog stick is much easier than the d-pad, and it's fairly lenient compared to SSFIITHDR( :P ), and doing a general zig zag motion will probably give you a dragon punch.

I have only used Ryu/Ken/Chun-Li though - I'd imagine it's much harder for more complicated characters.

In other news, Seth is still pissing me off big. I can do every fight in arcade mode on easy without a comtinue (except maybe the rival fight), but then Seth comes along and breaks my balls. I read on NeoGAF that being cheap and using a low strong kick is fairly effective, providing you don't get too close, so I'll give that a go. Still, that fight is nigh on broken, and it's just so annoying. If Arcade mode ended before him, it would be perfect, but I just can't enjoy it knowing that fight is coming along.

Other than that, this game is perfect, the best fighting game ever IMO.

Also, I think this is the fastest growing thread ever round these parts. Good job!

You need a stick to truly have the arcade-in-your-home feeling. The Hori EX2 is a good'un.

i tried with a stick and could barely do a fireball. the new streetfighter pads are really good for it imo, although no arcade-in-home feeling using a pad! all down to personal preferance though :)

I finally have it. And I'm terrible, every fight I have online I lose. This is supposed to be the most accessable but I have much more success on HD Remix, it feels more fluid.

I can't seem to grasp the concept behind the focus attack and I can't do ultra moves to save my life, do you press all three punch buttons (for example) or one punch button three times, neither seem to work for me. :(

Some of them are just twats DC, I've got it set to one button and end up doing dragon punches during online matches because im rushing it. Make sure you're being deliberate and you'll get the knack.

akuma's ultra raging demon is a major disappointment, its almost useless against a good opponent unless combined with a focus attack

You can land it if they're coming down off a jump, same if they're picking themselves up off the ground if you're confident of getting the timing. I know what you mean though, I'd rather he have a dragon punch special in place of either his super/ultra. Ryu's shinku hadokens have the same problem, although the super can be combo'd into

I don't know what I was doing before but I have the knack now for Ultras. Ryu was my main character before but I find his specials are easy to dodge, I can even manage it myself. I'm finding myself using Sakura the most, her EX Shoryukan moves can be a pain in the arse which I like.

I refuse to do arcade mode below medium! Although i might have to to get all the characters.

Done it with ryu, ken and blanka so far and got to seth with sakura. Can pan him in the first round but the he goes sick and theres no hope.

I think the game is awesome, i was a bit worried it wasnt going to be as fast as alpha 3 but it seems just right after a few goes.

Hate the way some characters just spam throws, gets right on my nerves!

Had a few goes online but then my month sub ran out :(

Yeah, it's pretty rare I get hit with Ultras or specials unless they're part of a combo, but likewise it's not that often i'm landing Ryu's either just because he telegraphs it so much. I keep saying it, but as much as I like Ryu I think it's time i moved onto another character.

I had a few interesting fights tonight. I lost with Fei Long, I was doing alright but not mastering him I made some stupid mistakes that cost me the match, changed to Ryu and won, althoughhe kept blocking my dragon punch then throwing me, so i had to learn to doge that a bit quick. The last round was his Ken vs my Ryu, again i made a stupid mistake but he was really good with him, finished me off by timing his focus attack to kick me in the face as i stood up :(.

I played a few more games and had a ranked match against a Blanka player. I recognised his name from another forum, and remember him boasting about how Shoto players (ryu/ken/sagat/akuma) can't deal with him. His tactic was to charge back and use Blankas high spin attack, it works to stop you from jumping in, but it also lands on your head. He also threw in some normal charge spin attacks and electricity if I got too close. That was it though, they were the 3 moves he tried. All I had to do to counter it was dragon punch, maybe the odd hadouken. It was boring and every bit as cheap as people spamming hadoukens.

I got 90 points for the win, and feel a little smug now despite my poundings before that fight

just finished unlocking seth then beating the game on medium or higher with all characters, there were a few tears along the way. Seths a lot of fun to play with, and ive been warming up to gouken. and i know what you mean about sakura, shes good fun to play with though im no good with her.

You can land it if they're coming down off a jump, same if they're picking themselves up off the ground if you're confident of getting the timing.

as far as ive noticed, you can just jump as soon as you get off the ground (or landing on the ground after a jump) and it cant grab you during the jump animation so youre safe. so the only time it lands against a skilled opponent is if you focus attack, dash out of it and get them in the crumple state. its the same for the super in ssf2hdr actually, all you have to do is jump to avoid it as it cant grab you out of the start of the jumping animation

, but in hdr its comboable :(

i think the super raging demon in sf4 can be combo'd into but the ultra meter is of much more use in the game so im a bit peeved

I just fought someone that had nearly 3,000 bp, unsurprisingly I lost :lol: I did ok though, I won the second round. He went Gouken, who can counter just about everything, and was brillaint with him even if he was using a lot of fireballs (he can throw diagnoally, which is what he was doing to counter any jump in attack). I managed to take a 3rd of his energy off, but I was pretty lucky to even do that. Next round he started off really strong, but I managed to land a couple of dragon punches. He started using Goukens counter move when i was jumping in (if i'd dodged his fireball), he cought me with is one and did loads of damage, but it gave me an idea *taps head*

I managed to knock him fdown, leapt back and launched my super, I was hoping It'd land but he blocked it which i figured he would, so I followed it in. I jumped but didn't launch an attack, he countered but obviously there was nothing to hit so I punched->dragon punched and giggled that I'd actually outsmarted someone who was much better than me.

Unfortunately that all just pissed him off and I barely landed a punch next round :( Bit tight though, he only got 8 points for beating me