passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Teh Awesome Achievements thread

illdog

Dunno if it's double the size exactly, probably could have grabbed the plat around 80 hours if I'd not been so chill about everything, 60 if I'd rushed. It certainly feels bigger than Origins though and a lot more involved. 

Only a handful of boat trophies. I think you will unlock all of them just by playing, then there is one to cleave an enemy ship with a whole crew of bad bitches which is easy, just takes a bit of pissing about. 

I don’t know how rare it is but I got the achievement for beating the record time in Titanfall 2 tutorial level and it’s got to be one of the hardest things I’ve ever done in a game.

The only one I can think of is "Rapid Discord" from Overwatch because at some point people were complaining about it so I checked and I actually had it (it's a 0.8% unlock on Xbox).

It's pretty much impossible to actively try to get it and the odds to unlock it just by playing are minuscule.

Explanation for those who don't know Overwatch:

You have to pick a character who can debuff one opponent at a time so that they take 30% extra damage. Now you have to debuff four opponents over the span of six seconds and either kill or participate in killing them while they're under the influence of the debuff. If someone dies before the debuff has been applied it doesn't count. If they die after you removed the debuff it doesn't count. On paper this might not sound that hard but even if you coordinate with a team it's still ridiculously difficult to pull off. I just got it by chance at some point.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

It's only taken about 10 yrs (or indirectly 15 yrs since I originally played it on PC when it came out) but I've just got 60/60 achievements on the 360 version of Elder Scrolls Oblivion (5th Anniversary Edition) 1250 gamer points (as it includes the Shivering Isle dlc).

And this is the first time I've ever maxed out any achievements /trophies as I don't usually even bother with the alerts or checking them - but it was only since I wondered the date of when I got the first ones on this that caused me to look (and it didn't show either, I assume since I got them on a different console than currently signed in to).

There's nothing remotely taxing or obtuse about these ones either, predominantly linked to main quest or guild quest progression, but there is a small branch in the dlc (mania vs dementia) that requires different playthough / reload.

It's by far my favourite of the ES games, I've done loads of runs with different characters, but will now give it a rest for a bit.

So there, I've shared my first 100% achievement, regardless of how underwhelming it might seem !

• 2 weeks later...

Wow on a roll of underwhelming success - just got my first 100% of Trophies in a PS4 games !

It was by finishing SOMA (a quite enjoyable "game"/walking sim) and I think all but one of them are story progress related, the other an optional (albeit reasonably unmissable) conversation - no Platinum though ? ? - so whilst not really challenging, I'm in the ~13% that got them all, so suckers to the 87% who didn't bother to see it through !