passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Oh you shoddy piece of..

TopGunKnacker

Some thick looking cunt just picked up my well packaged 360 so its off to Germantown as Sam put it. Shoddy piece of shit. I need to change my ways and play more PS2 games.

Or get a PS3 :)

Same difference innit?

Oh no, they don't do that any more.

Some thick looking cunt just picked up my well packaged 360 so its off to Germantown as Sam put it. Shoddy piece of shit. I need to change my ways and play more PS2 games.

Or get a PS3 :)

Same difference innit?

Oh no, they don't do that any more.

What he said. Plus i dont have £300.

I barely play my 360 (not since the first week of Jan i think :blink: ) but even I couldnt wave it goodbye forever if/when it broke. There's games I have both as discs and download that I want to play again, but I dont exactly love the machine as it is, if it broke that isnt going to improve.

I dont think i'd buy another though just out of principle

You should buy a ps3 though, they're very good :)

This. All the stuff that will never see the light of day on any other console, PSN is free (shite, but free), PSN games are of high quality (and if you have good freinds who you can trust, they can be shared) and blu-ray. Also, the cherry on the cake? Streaming pr0n without the hassle or risk of getting viruses onto a massive TV. The PS3 = win. Not as good as a 360, but I wouldn't want to be without mine.

Sooo... i tried the towel trick on my old 360 thats been fucked for ages and it worked. I didnt expect it to at all and after it red ringed through heat, i left it alone for 20 mins, turned it on and it worked first time. :blink:

So i dunno how long this fix is for, ive read its not exactly good for the rest of its internals but at least it works for now.

You could go down sam's cheating, lying route and just tell them its ringed, he still got his fixed for nothing.

Who said cheaters never prosper. And illdizzle, this is what mine did and it worked for about two days then fucked up again...

• 3 weeks later...
I've had a broken 360 sitting around for a couple of months now. It works fine without an HDD attached. But with one attached, it crashes regularly. Like after, say, 20 mins. No idea what to do with it. I'm loathe to pay MS 60 quid to fix it.

Do what I did and just send it back saying its the three red rings error, they fixed mine and it had every error other than the three red rings.

This worked a treat :) They've replaced the DVD drive and the motherboard and it now works fine. So thanks for the tip.

• 3 weeks later...

ALso..... its pretty likely now that any unit being sent for repair and having the motherboard replaced will come back with the Jasper inside it??

When i sent my console off for repair i marked the underside of the DVD tray with a small scratch. When it came back the scratch was gone.

I rekon they just ship you out a new/refurbed unit most of the time and whack it into your old case.

The Elite that i got back was completely different, my original had a few white marks (fnaaar) on the top and a scratch at the back, the imposter i recieved had non of the affore mentioned markings. Its like they just binned my old one and sent me a shiny new beast.

• 2 weeks later...

Great. My Xbox is dead. WTF is an E74 error? MS better fix it for free, the fucking cunts. 1 red quadrant. Fuck. Seriously, if I have to fucking pay for this I will flip. Yep, I just read you have to pay to fix an E74 outside of warranty. Microsoft are fucking cunts. Make a shitty piece of hardware and make people pay to get it fixed when it's not the red ring.

Should I lie and say I had a red ring?