passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

The Anime Thread

DANGERMAN

Out of the loop, of course, but I looked at the credits to this^ and thought "Why is Trunks' hair blue now?" Then, I saw Goku gets Blue hair now too, so it must be a power thing. My second question is why is the fight choreography virtually nonexistent? In comparison:

Yeah, I heard that on the radio this morning. Terrible news

6 hours ago, one-armed dwarf said:

Nice, a psp game that never released outside Japan ?

That is the reality for the vast majority of anime games, unfortunately.

D_yEs1lWsAApBvS.jpg

I only have two thoughts about this. First off Ash actually won the Orange Islands league where, inexplicably, Pikachu beat a Dragonite by strapping himself to it’s head and being an electric chair 

If you want to make the argument the Orange Island League doesn’t count because it does not exist in a video game I’m not going to stop you

Secondly I haven’t watched Pokemon in a million years but Ash is a terrible Pokemon trainer, his Pikachu is bullshit and they should never win a league anyway

• 2 weeks later...

Probably just me interested in this, but Waypoint finished their podcast series on NGE, the finale is on 25&26 and EoE.

I dont agree with all their takes but always like to listen to Austin talking shit and 25/26 & EoE is such a clusterfuck of highs and lows.

https://play.acast.com/s/vicegamingsnewpodcast/08456c4a-00a7-498f-8f6e-2adc72f80817?autoplay

14 minutes ago, Nag said:

If only I had that amount of disposable income... it's not the lack of want to, it's the lack of funds.

I know the feeling. To be honest, I shouldn't really be wasting my money on stuff, as I need to be getting back on my own two feet again, actually finishing my driving lessons etc I've distracted myself with baubles for the last couple years instead of real life stuff. I really should prioritise real life a bit more than I have, of late.

I have this friend, absolutely Transformers mad, in particular G1. I think he would probably die for this collection and constantly adds to it, often in spite of rent and bills. He's seen the stuff I have on display and he is shocked that I have no real attachment to any of it. Everything from my statues to books to anime, manga, comics etc If the mood took me, I would sell it all tomorrow and not give it too much thought.

That pic was MP-44, by the way, for those who don't know. Masterpiece Optimus Prime (version 3.0) RRP £320+

Back on topic, Volume 2 of JoJo's Diamond is Unbreakable has just arrived. More on that later...

8156EExSL+L.jpg

This series is starting to bug me now. As the format of OPM is a lot lighter on text than JoJo, although Volume 17 only arrived today, I finished it in about 20 minutes. They really need to hurry up and get to the point. This is starting to echo the pacing of JoJo: Stardust Crusaders. The pacing of this arc is virtually going backwards. You have a kidnapped child, Garo The Hero Hunter and the rise of the Monster Association. Those are the three plot points, more or less, since the main arc first started, after the tournament sub-story. Baring a couple of fights, nothing has changed in respect to any of them since then. There has been zero plot progression. These are really reading as filler volumes now and I am decidedly less tolerant of them since I read JoJo Part 3, than I was previously.

5/10 -The 5 is purely for the consistency of the artwork at this point.

• 3 weeks later...

062f1aecadedc41876151cd023aa74a7d1c60f9c

Ok, so far, so good with JoJo part 4. The Stands are certainly interesting here and have a lot more variety than I was expecting. This volume we have two featured antagonists. Their Stands seem to be akin to fairy tales this time around. We have "Surface", the mannequin. In a vaguely Mokujin type story about doppelgangers. After that, continuing the weird Japanese trope for killer hair, we have "Love Deluxe". Which lent itself to a weird side story involving an obsessed girl. As noted, I got Pinocchio and Rapunzel vibes respectively from each. The overarching plot wasn't really present in this volume, nor was the forced emphasis that Part 3 had either. An enjoyable bit of world building 8/10  

• 2 weeks later...

Oh no the dub is so fucking laaaaaaaaaaame lol

I genuinely laughed out loud when I heard the voice for the Grand Master or whatever his name is. That’s the first time I’ve heard it and it doesn’t fit at all! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...