passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

The Anime Thread

DANGERMAN

• 3 weeks later...

I finished watching Fist of the North Star (series 1) the other day, it got a bit formulaic but I'm glad I finally got to the end of it. Thing is, while it was brutal, and not just violent (it actually got less graphic as the series progressed), you'd have innocents dieing for speaking up, entire families being wiped out etc. Despite all that it's not a patch on series 2

I the first series you'd have an old man stand up to a gang, the gang would then threaten to kill him, you'd expect Kenshiro to jump in but he wouldnt until after the guy died. Here though you get the first innocent dieing, then you wait for someone to jump in. No one does so someone else is attacked, then not saved, then an entire wagon full of slaves is burnt to death when you keep thinking someones going to do something to save them.

It's hardcore and I'm not convinced it needed making, but I'll stick with it as its only 20 eps i think

Both Afro Samurai and Little norse prince arrived today :)

Watched My neighbour Tortoro today, Quite enjoyed it but i thought there was more to it than what was in the film, I always thought that this film was the main one out the lot.

"Rarwl" :( This could have been could (could still be right guys?), but it looks a bit cheap and she's not especially convincing as Saya. Oh well, at least Akira will be good :):unsure:

there is a glaring error in there somewhere, but i can't quite put my finger on it..

i can't quite spot it either, but for some strange reason i did just projectile vomit while reading this.

I really like Totoro, I think it was the first Ghibli film I saw and if I even win the Euro lottery (aside from funding Shenmue) I'm going to pay to have a catbus made, complete with eyes that look down when the doors open (and it meows when it goes over speed bumps). Also if your music is coming out of your speakers rather than headphones it dumps you out then reverses over your head, just like in the film

I watched 5 centimetres per second last night. Strange film, it's quite short (about an hour) and very very little actually happens. It's a nice concept though, a boy and girl form such a strong bond when they're young that even when they havent seen each other for years they cant move on. The lad at least seems destined to be alone. So maybe it's not a nice concept but its certainly something different.

It looks incredible too, quite possible the best looking film I've ever seen

Gonna try and aim to watch all of Cowboy Bebop this week, been meaning to for a while and have watch a handful of episodes a couple of times now but never finished the series. Really looking forward to it too (using a stream though admittedly)

• 2 weeks later...

I got hold of the 1st Gig boxset for Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex and have started watching that, now I understand where that smiley face avatar I see alot of people on the internet using has come from. On about episode 9 and definetly prefering it to the first movie which I've never actually seen through to completion, the damn thing just seem's to send me to sleep everytime I've attempted to watch it in the past.

• 4 weeks later...

ive seen one episode and i did quite like it but i dno rly kno wht its all about? Rival clans or something

Ive seen the 1st volume for quite cheap and was thinking about buying it but never got round to it.

I'll refrain from getting pissy about it not being anime :P I watched it a couple of years back, it used to be on saturday mornings when i woke up. I was expecting to hate it but it was actually really good. It's a kids show, more so than the western dub of Naruto even, but it's better than just abbout everything else kids get to watch nowadays. I think i watched till the fire guy had been banished from his land, and avatar was learning other peoples skills and being a dick about it

• 3 weeks later...

Started watching the 2nd series of Nodame Cantabile today, they've graduated from the music school they were at and gone to study in paris.

It's not quite as genius as the first series so far (1 episode in) but it still made me lol when Nodame and Shinichi are at a fancy french restaurant and Nodame starts trying to learn french

(in french)

"Hello my name is Nodame"

(Waiter comes over)

"How are you"

(waiter starts pouring Shinichi's wine)

"Excuse me but he raped me"

cue Shinichi getting shunned by all the waiters

• 1 year later...