passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

The Anime Thread

DANGERMAN

Can he tho? It's not like he does the same super forms. Hell even the Saiyans have their own evolutions. Jiren got his own shtick. 

Saitama would still whup em all. 

I've started Revisions on Netflix. Hmm. I dunno. Seems meh ?

Obviously Super Saiyan transformations are exclusive to Saiyans, it seems to be the thing that makes that race special that they can boost and as Hit says when he fights Goku “cheat”. Although Hit can control bits of space and time so hypocritical, I think.

Ultra Instinct is a form that technically anyone could do, but is supposed to be reserved only for gods and angels because it’s so hard to achieve. I can’t remember when but Whis says even Beerus has not managed it yet, at least not properly. 

But Whis also says that Jiren is the only mortal in all the universes that is stronger than a God of Destruction. So if Goku could do it, I definitely think Jiren could do it under the right circumstances. 

And considering he almost beat Goku twice while Goku was in Mastered Ultra Instinct mode, I think if Jiren learned it he would be entirely unstoppable. Even in his base form he is “stronger than time” (whatever that means), if he had MUI then I think he would be stronger than all of the deities, too. 

Jiren is my favourite DB villain because he is cool, not technically a bad guy, and is no gimmicks. I like what one of the Kai’s says just before Goku and Jiren fight for the first time

”He isn’t like anything we’ve fought before. Jiren is just strong. Plain and simple”

Hmm...I think it both amplifies power and also gives the user a new skill, particularly in the area of defence where “You can avoid any danger” according to Whis (Again, even with this Jiren hits and almost takes out Goku multiple times when he uses MUI despite that being seemingly impossible). 

And Goku Blue + Kaioken x 20 just couldn’t damage Jiren even the odd times he did land attacks. So the fact that MUI Goku can beat Jiren into submission implies a power boost as well as better technique and skill

So I think if Jiren mastered it he would get the same buffs. He would get even stronger, faster and avoid any danger (Although he is already at a point he doesn’t really need too)

Also I don’t think Goku is a better fighter. Even at the end where everyone is reduced to their lowest power and Jiren is almost defeated he still manages to stand up to Goku, Frieza and Android 17 with the first two literally having to pull him out of the ring with them to beat him because they just couldn’t out fight him. 

Also so when Goku first masters UI and cuts Jiren his response is “Don’t get cocky just because you powered up”. Again implying both a power boost and Jiren is still the better fighter

Edit: Also I just got new wallpaper for my iPad ?

screen-7.jpg?h=800&fakeurl=1

I'd have to watch it again but Jiren does have a powered form. Pretty sure he has better stamina/longevity in that form hence when most of them are burnt out he's still going, so it took all of them to get him out. 

No power forms I reckon Goku would win. He outsmarted/played him on a few occasions throughout their fights if I recall. 

Gogeta?

I forgot about this but this is what happens when base Goku takes on Jiren. Even without powering up he just gets beat up.

Gogeta? I don’t know. Gogeta kinda whupped Broly, but he had to go blue to do it. And Jiren is stronger than Broly (Because he one shotted Kale when she turned into a Broly type monster in the tournament). So maybe but I doubt it. 

Doesn't he nearly out him with a sneaky move after that ?

Anyway by base I'd mean they both at the same power level, if you get me? I think closest we got was maybe Kai v base Jiren or UI v powered Jiren.

That's the thing with Dragon ball. You've seen more than me probably but I find It's all about one-up-manship. At the start they're all different power levels and they keep powering up, usually into a new form, each time they meet. 

Jiren is really strong at base. But his power form is just a bit below Goku MUI I'd say. So yeah I'd agree, if it does amplify, MUI Jiren would be powerful. But then Goku will likely go PUI (Perfected Ultra Instinct ?) or something ??‍♂️

Talknig of Kefla (that angry form that fusioned together which took UI Goku to take out). Those are like Virgin fighters. Baby Saiyan. Yet one went all Broly and the other 3 levels of Saiyan, in like one tournament ?

They're the dark horse here. Give em another week and they'll whup em all ?

That’s what I hate about Kale and Caulifa, they went from “What’s a Super Saiyan?” To knocking out Goku Blue in like a week. It’s taken more or less 30 years for Goku to reach this state and the girls are literally like “You just need to let your back get all tingly” and boom. They create good fights and I get why they do that because it benefits the drama, but it is a detriment to the character building and long standing rules of the show. 

The amount of transformations the characters have is ridiculous. I think that’s why in Super they are making a concentrated effort to differentiate the characters and how strong they are and how they achieve it. Gohan is going back to mystical Gohan, Vegeta seems to be following deeper down the Saiyan god line with him going Blue 2, and Goku seems to be moving in to universal deity territory with UI. I think this is a good idea in theory but it doesn’t stop the fact that Goku has 7 different transformations and whoever has the strongest one makes the rest of the characters redundant anyway. 

Again it’s why I like Jiren. He’s just tough. No bullshit. 

EDIT: Also the sneaky move came way before that

Yeah I agree they seem to be branching off the 3 main Saiyans which I like  

Something's bugging me tho. All this is hypothesis we're doing. But is there many instances of fighters using the same form? And do they have different strength within it? 

Because if we're saying it amplifies depending on the individual, just because, then this 

1 hour ago, Maf said:

And Jiren is stronger than Broly (Because he one shotted Kale when she turned into a Broly type monster in the tournament). 

Is thrown out because Broly isn't her. He's likely more powerful (amplified). So puts Gogeta Blue in another level. 

If we're saying it doesn't amplify, and MUI Goku and Jiren are the same. Goku wins. Jiren throughout has only win because he's so powerful. Not skill really. It's like me or you kicking a kitten trying to attack us. Perspective.

Beerus is the strongest God of D. But I think that's because he's more dutiful, always looking for challenges. Would Toppo beat him?

MUI has to amplify because Blue’s attacks don’t even land mind about hurt. So speed has to go up. Also before Goku has mastered UI he fails to hurt Kefla because Whis says he hasn’t got the offensive part of it down, only the defensive part. So if when he learns the other half he can do stuff that Blue can’t, then it must be amplified?

Beerus would beat Toppo in his regular form and probably beat him in his GoD form because he literally just transformed in to it. Have to imagine the experience with Beerus would give him the edge. I’m not sure it would be a walk in the park, though

As for Broly. It’s hard to say. Kale in Broly mode did walk through Blue’s Kamehameha like it was nothing and grab Goku by the face, but then Goku smiles afterwards. Some theories is because Goku wasn’t using a full power blast, but I think it’s because Goku is an idiot and even when he is about to get his head kicked in he is like “Wow, what a good fight”

The problem with both Broly and Kale is there isn’t really enough data to work with. None of them have performed enough feats of strength to truly gauge where they lie, where as Jiren has tonnes of records under his belt at this point but he had way more screen time than either version of Broly mode.

I still think Jiren is stronger using this non-math equation

Broly couldn’t touch Whis who uses MUI but Jiren almost beat down Goku who was also using MUI. Is Goku stronger than Whis in MUI? Don’t know, but it stands to reason if Jiren could beat Goku, he could also at least fight Whis, which Broly couldn’t do

It’s flimsy but it’s how I see it

33 minutes ago, Maf said:

MUI has to amplify because Blue’s attacks don’t even land mind about hurt. So speed has to go up. Also before Goku has mastered

I don't mean amplify on a personal level from one form to another. I mean two people using it it would therefore be who's the better fighter, not just a straight up stronger opponent. Two if the same forms. 

This is why it's hard to compare direct. Lack of examples and feats like you say. 

Jiren held his own against MUI but Goku was new to it. Also when Jiren tried blasting the stands, Goku went full on and smacked the crap out of Jiren. 

37 minutes ago, Maf said:

but I think it’s because Goku is an idiot and even when he is about to get his head kicked in he is like “Wow, what a good fight

Yes, this is how I see it ?

38 minutes ago, Maf said:

Is Goku stronger than Whis in MUI?

This is the conundrum. Two equal powers it leaves the fighters experience and fighting ability. I reckon given time with it Goku would beat Whis. He's not a fighter, just used to his powers, which happen to be super high. 

So I’ve seen a lot of Z but Super is the one I know the most. Regardless I can’t think of any examples where two characters have been fighting in the exact same form. The only one that comes to mind is Goku vs Vegeta when they’re both SS2 in the Buu saga. But even then it ends with a cheap shot and you find out later Goku was holding back both in terms of skill and he could have gone SS3 if he wanted. And that saga ends with Vegeta admitting Goku is the best. 

But they both get trounced by both Jiren and Broly so it doesn’t really say much. I definitely think Goku is a better fighter than Broly, he says in the movie that he needs to learn a few things. But Broly is saiyan equivalent of the Hulk so raw power just wins the day. I do think Jiren is a better fighter than Goku, though, if you stripped all the power scaling out of it and just put them on an even field. 

I’m not sure comedy characters count, but I guess. I haven’t seen any of the second season but I heard it isn’t very good. The big critism I heard was they dropped the quality of the animation 

Finished S1 of One Punch Man and absolutely loved it!

Saitama is such a fantastic character, the comedy in it is phenomenal, I was giggling to myself throughout, I love his deadpan sensibilities when up against a powerful foe, how Genus and Saitama's relationship plays out is so well done as well with Genus being so over eager and ready to learn and Saitama being so nonchalent and laid back about everything.

After I finished S1 I decided to try another anime on Netflix so put on the first episode of Guilty Crown, it didn't really grab me or the Missus so I used a Twitch Prime code and subscribed to Crunchyroll for One Punch Season 2.

About 3 episodes into Season 2 and It's a bit weird the anime drawing style has changed quite a bit? It seems a bit more realistic than it was now, just a bit strange is all, still enjoying it a hell of a lot.