passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

The Sugarbabes

Dunkster

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont think I have ever had any credibility and I will be even more snobby and say...

I liked the original lineup - with Siobhan in it :) Their first album and her 2nd solo album are really good!

Oh - and they are called the Sugababes - not sugar. Its different - makes them street. Word.

I was gonna point that out but decided against it.

I remember being blown away the first time I heard Overload on the radio and no-one could tell me who they were, great song. I bought some of the early singles, got some good Radio 1 session tracks as B-Sides.

Plus, what's not to like? They're a fully working real soap opera with songs!

My problem with groups like this, aside from the corporate side which is actually my main issue, is that if you like the sugarbabes or whoever you actually dont. Instead you like their producers, the effects on their voice, the work of their stylist, the samples they use, the original writer etc.

I heard someone say they really liked Britneys stuff a few weeks back, but her stuff isn't her stuff, she's just the face of it, the puppet if you will. I can see liking a song, but to see it under a broad banner I dont get, particularly as we all know how how constructed it all is.

I dont mean this in a dick or snobish way, I just mean its like praising the guest host on have i got news for you for being funny, when they're reading it off an autocue someone else wrote. you can see behind the trick, see the strings, doesnt that nulifiy it for people?

just cause you can see the strings doesn't mean you can't appreciate it for what it is. Ok so Sugababes Inc. aren't going to sing/be the face of the most life changing record of all time, and they will not be up there with the beatles, stones and chaka demus and pliers but that doesn't mean i can't enjoy them for what they are.

Wow, theres alot of love for the Sugababes on this forum. I know were not at school and im sorry to be the one to say this, but all pro Sugababe men deserve a beating. Its not just my opinion, its fact straight from the bible - they really suck.

So if everybody could stop this nonsence it would be appreciated. Thankyou.

just cause you can see the strings doesn't mean you can't appreciate it for what it is. Ok so Sugababes Inc. aren't going to sing/be the face of the most life changing record of all time, and they will not be up there with the beatles, stones and chaka demus and pliers but that doesn't mean i can't enjoy them for what they are.

Yeah I know, each to their own and all that. I'm sure there's been soulless crap I've liked in the past (Frozen by Madonna was a good song), and I think your terminology is right, Sugarbabes inc... which is what i cant get past. Both the whoredom of it and the puppetry of it.

And according to the bible im in the right :)

Christ almighty, thats something I thought I'd never hear of again (or hoped ;) )

I really don't mind them at all. I know it's manufactured, but some of it is done with such polish that it's hard to hate. My other half listens to The Sugababes, Girls Aloud, Alesha Dixon and The Saturdays and I really dont mind any of them. Tbh, I'd take them over whatever gangsta rap shit/R & B shit/Middle of the road shit that is on the music channels everytime I see them.

I just think people get a little to worked up over these types of things. Sure i'm not as big a fan of them as Yoshi, Stoobie and Hendo (New "Girlfriend" eh <_< ) but there presence doesn't offend me in anyway, much in the same way film actors don't offend me when they are playing a role. Sure some actors become the character and the films are better for it, but then other actors are just themselves in different films are the films are no worse for it (Cane and Connery i'm looking at you)

My problem with groups like this, aside from the corporate side which is actually my main issue, is that if you like the sugarbabes or whoever you actually dont. Instead you like their producers, the effects on their voice, the work of their stylist, the samples they use, the original writer etc.

I heard someone say they really liked Britneys stuff a few weeks back, but her stuff isn't her stuff, she's just the face of it, the puppet if you will. I can see liking a song, but to see it under a broad banner I dont get, particularly as we all know how how constructed it all is.

I dont mean this in a dick or snobish way, I just mean its like praising the guest host on have i got news for you for being funny, when they're reading it off an autocue someone else wrote. you can see behind the trick, see the strings, doesnt that nulifiy it for people?

See, I don't really care about that. I dunno. If I like the song I can make do with that. Besides, I'd rather have manufactured stuff that sounds good than the likes of Nickelback which apparently writes its own songs but sounds utter garbage.

There are other options though, it's not chart music or nickleback. I'd argue they're part of the same problem personally, and my only issue is that people should maybe make more effort to find good music rather than bitch about there being nothing out there (not aimed at you david, just people in general)

As for their presence, I personally dont blame people for taking that route, the performers I mean, but they arent credible and so shouldnt be treated as such, which is what annoys me more than anything else I think. I mentioned before about Britney, but ive also heard similar stuff said about Take That, the spice girls (helping feminism?! :lol: ) and Timberlake, which reminded me of This Thread

Not every song needs to be full of heart wrenching honesty, but then it shouldnt be treated as though it is (Im looking at you Joss cuntface Stone)

EDIT to add me on my high horse

highhorse.jpg