passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

World of Goo

Pikman

I couldn't see a topic anywhere for this (honestly, everyone should have this already, its been out a whole day, get to it!).

Anyway... my Secret Santa pressie was some generous Wii points with instructions to purchase World of Goo. Now, I wanted to wait until the 25th but I also have a lot of problems connecting my Wii to the net sometimes and wanted to see if I could download it just incase, I could...

Then I thought, well seeing as I have it I might as well try it.... (Sorry, Secret Santa) and I have to say, this has the possibility of being my most favourite game of all time, no kidding.... I have put it away until Christmas now (although I did that this morning and just had another go now, lol) but I have played through the first world. The premise is incredibly basic, he controls are hugely simple to understand (one button) and so this is totally accessible to anyone yet it is the most addictive and compelling experience I have had for a long long time of game playing. Each level has something different to throw at you and using the very accurate physics you have to accomplish your goal (which is always rescuing the goo balls). There is also an OCD option which tells you the maximum you can save, I am not even close, must practice....

I have already had a few 'Whoa this is fucking cool!!!' and a couple of 'OMG, this is awesome' moments.

Suffice to say, I LOVE LOVE LOVE this game and cannot wait until Christmas now, so I can play it more!!!!

Thanks Secret Santa ;)

Now, I wanted to wait until the 25th but I also have a lot of problems connecting my Wii to the net sometimes and wanted to see if I could download it just incase, I could...

Worst excuse ever.

Its true, honest!!!!

Dude, its sooooo fucking cool :D

EDIT: sorry for having an early peek... :blush:

I bought this a short while ago, and have just done the first three levels. It's brilliant, so simple and easy to play, but I can see it requiring a lot of strategy later on. It looks excellent as well, and its style make it look like it could be a first party Nintendo game. They should snap 2D Boy up! It's the perfect game to kick back in the sofa on, and it has a 2P mode too.

1500 Points very well spent, I had to make room for it too by removing the Mii contest channel. Support these two guys by purchasing this on Wii if you think the game sounds good, we all know how much it was pirated on PC.

I knew if I waited long enought my other half would buy this - he is sat playing it now - wish he would hurry up cos I want a go!

Its frustrating to watch someone else play as well - I keep telling him what to do which does not go down well...

From what I've played so far I really like it - the art style is brilliant, the controls work as they should, etc.

But either I'm dumb or it is in need of at least some kind of basic tutorial as I'm stuck at about only 3 levels in! It's the one where you have to wrap a bridge around a ledge, avoiding some circular saws. I can get to the top but not good enough to end with all the goo needed.

Mind you, this was a very quick play through when I had the chance, so maybe I'll boot it up and it will fall into place.

What's the deal with that Goo Corporation? Something about a meta game where you can see friend's creations in the background?

From what I've played so far I really like it - the art style is brilliant, the controls work as they should, etc.

But either I'm dumb or it is in need of at least some kind of basic tutorial as I'm stuck at about only 3 levels in! It's the one where you have to wrap a bridge around a ledge, avoiding some circular saws. I can get to the top but not good enough to end with all the goo needed.

Mind you, this was a very quick play through when I had the chance, so maybe I'll boot it up and it will fall into place.

What's the deal with that Goo Corporation? Something about a meta game where you can see friend's creations in the background?

Lol, you'll figure it out, its easy after a while. Took me a few attempts too. It gets better too :D

Not sure about the Goo Corporation, sounds like it might be interesting.... I'm BUSTING to play this more, I'll be on it again at like 00:01 on the 25th!!! Is it fair to assume Santa will have been by then or do I really have 2 more sleeps to go before I can play it without feeling guilty? It's insane that its Christmas eve already tomorrow....

i got stuck on quite a few of them, one took ~10 goes i think, spent most of the weekend playing and finished it. brilliantly clever game, the sign posts and story are really funny too. i think the goo corporation thing just lets you try and build as high a tower as possible with all the goo balls you've saved, i got to 20 meters with ~200 balls but couldn't resist going higher and it all came crumbling down.

Been showing the Wii some love lately, and i rewarded it with this.

Yea, its pretty good fun, i LOVE the presentation, looking forward to spending some time with it over christmas.

Oh, and i did that third level with the circular saws second go. B) Thats right.