passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Prince of Persia

Oliath

Got this today, only done the first fertile ground but it seems alright so far, a little heavy on the feeling of being an extended QTE but its enjoyable and unlike a QTE you're button presses actually result in a consistent onscreen action.

Its fucking gorgeous to look at too.

Couldn't give a crap about achievements but early on it likes to throw them at you doesn't it!?!

• 2 weeks later...

When you know where you are going and you have the controls down pat this game is the best example of free flowing gameplay i can think of. Sort of like Mirrors Edge, when your in full flight and completely in control is one of those perfect gaming moments, big smile on your face. Everyone should experience it.

Some of the dialogue has really made me laugh, there was a bit when the Prince was telling Elika not to look at his ass as he was about to climb a wall, then as he takes a step forward she looks at his ass - made me lol.

Only bits i havent enjoyed so far are the green plates that boost you into a wall run, they suck ass and balls - a special level of clare-voyancy is needed if you ever hope to do the trickier ones first time. I groan every time i hit a puzzle that requires cranks and levers and last moan: Im not hugely keen on the fighting either. They (the bad guys) deflect your hits alot and when you need to press Y to fight with Elika and she's right next to you and your enemy she often tells me she's 'not close enough'.

Still, plays brilliant, looks brilliant and its that magical gaming word: fun.

oh hell yeah, the green ones suck and the yellow plates suck ass too. looks nice when youre using one most of the time cos it shows off the levels again but theres hardly any room for manouvres and its hard to tell sometimes which side of an obstacle youre meant to go round. it is a really good game though.

i really should start the epilogue properly :P

• 1 year later...

1 year later...

I never finished the Epilogue you know. After playing through The Forgotten Sands ive had serious PoP jones so i booted this back up and started the Epilogue again.

After a years break the gorgeousness of this game slaps you in the face again, its stunning. But the Epilogue is hard, and hard means frustrating. There are far too many fights against foes that require a deflection to start a combo on and ive found some of the platforming, whilst genius in design retrospectively bloody difficult, its very hard to know which way to go sometimes.

And there is many a crank twisting puzzle.... <_<

But still i love it.

• 8 years later...

I've bought this in the Microsoft sale for £3.59 and am loving the game again on the Xbox One. I thought it would hold up well, and it does. It looks wonderful ten years on and the gameplay still feels fluid. A lot of games this gen could learn a lot from it.

I love Elika as the AI companion, and I forgot Nolan North voiced the Prince.