passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Currently listening to....

RivaOni

The Noisettes are an odd one. I heard that song of theirs thats on that car advert on the radio, naturally the DJ said it was by The Noisettes. I thought they can't be called that because there was a garage rock band going by the same name a few years ago. Turns out they are the same band which I found a staggering change in direction, which is brave.

My lil'sister likes N-dubz, apparantly. I only know Dappy by his performance on Never Mind the Buzzcocks. I think he's one of those rappers.. you know.. the rappers off Top of the Pops.

I've just bought "In For The Kill" by La Roux, I would've bought the album but it doesn't seem to be out yet.

I'm listening to it over and over which I haven't done with a song in a long time. It's like the early eighties all over again, very early Depeche Mode. It ends a bit abrupt though.

Listening to Gallows on Spotify, they want to be the modern equivalent of The Clash and The Sex Pistols and you can hear a bit of the latter in their music but they're too shouty for their "The Clash" inspirations to show through. They're not bad though, one to look out for if they tone it down a little (but not too much I like it when bands have a raw sound, like Lostprophets were on their first album)

• 2 weeks later...

Okkervill River and The Fleet Foxes.

Going to see em both soon LIVE!

The Fleet Foxes album is the best album i have bought in about 10 years!!!

And to think i didn't even like it when i first listened to it.

• 2 weeks later...

Listening to some of Jonathan Coulton's stuff (you know, the guy who did Still Alive from Portal), streaming on his site, thinking about buying a few tracks.

I'd recommend trying "RE: Your Brains", "Tom Cruise Crazy" (nice way of getting around being sued), "Baby Got Back", "Skullcrusher Mountain" and "Bills, Bills, Bills".

Oh, and Skullcrusher Mountain is on Rock Band DLC too.

I have Skullcrusher Mountain. It's only 80 points and a pretty nice song, so it's nice just to pick up with some useless leftover points that never get used.

• 3 weeks later...

Do you listen to music while drifting in or out of sleep and you appreciate tracks a little more? Like being stoned, I guess.

Anyway, the Live at the BBC version of "Absolute Beginners" by David Bowie came on and blew me away. The piano playing is especially amazing, but the chord changes really got me, never noticed them before. And the bass playing is flawless too.

It's this one: