RivaOni

Currently listening to....

American Football announced another album, I couldn't be happier. The reunion album didn't get the best reviews but I really liked it.

The new song is great too..

On 15/12/2018 at 08:19, Bigkopman said:

Added to my playlists. Some great tracks there. Thank @Hendo

On 13/12/2018 at 23:03, Hendo said:

Of interest at least to @illdog, @Craymen Edge and @Bigkopman - Spotify recommended me this playlist of theirs. Had it on in work for a bit and seems really cool.

Blackalicious and Souls of Mischief! 😍

Great playlist.

I'm not sure if I've posted about these before but they've been a new favourite for a few months now..

Hardcore/Punk with metal edge but they're not afraid to do pop type choruses. All the stuff I could get my hands on has been really good. 

I've been listening to Hodera's new EP thing. His last album was one of my favourite albums in 2017.

The new stuff seems fine..

Since coming to Japan I’ve stopped downloading music and buy everything from iTunes now, mostly new albums but occasionally I pick up some old favourites. Better late than never.

Recently i’ve bought Heigh Ho by Blake Mills, a lovely melodic singer-songwriter album with nice guitar playing and instrumentation, and I Had a Dream That You Were Mine, a nice collaboration record between members of The Walkman and Vampire Weekend, that sounds pretty much exactly like you would expect it to sound (if you’re familiar with those bands).

I listened to them a lot when they came out but I’m enjoying them again all over again.

Posting this largely for selfish reasons so I can remember to watch in full when I’ve got the time. 

Been listening to a lot of Ministry again and remembered the In Case You Didn’t Feel Like Showing Up live video a mate had on VHS when we were about 18. Spent many a night drunk or otherwise watching this.

If nothing else, worth watching the first few minutes for the coolest drum off.

I've been listening to A Perfect Circle's latest (Eat the Elephant). I wasn't that taken with it at first but after a few listens it's really good. Maynard still has a ridiculous voice, and this album is more like Thirteenth Step in that it's focused on songs and melodies

I've also been listening to Mono's new one, although still only a couple of times. I love Mono, and they have experimented with a vocal track this time, but aside from that it's very Mono. Considering they started out feeling a bit like they were taking inspiration from whatever Mogwai did the album before they've really nailed a sound. They do beautifully delicate better than anyone, then they go loud with the best, it's a very Mono album.  I'd love to see them live at some point too, but they always seem to come around at the wrong time

Really should check out the Perfect Circle album at some point, Hopefully should serve well on the now hopefully short wait until the new Tool Album.

Somewhere in the loft I've got a MONO gig screen printed poster from when I saw them at a pub in Birmingham about 12 years ago. Should get that framed up really. Are they touring this new album @DANGERMAN?

2 minutes ago, Jimbo Xiii said:

Somewhere in the loft I've got a MONO gig screen printed poster from when I saw them at a pub in Birmingham about 12 years ago. Should get that framed up really. Are they touring this new album @DANGERMAN?

6th may in Manchester, I'm in San Francisco...

2 minutes ago, Jimbo Xiii said:

6th may in Manchester, I'm in San Francisco...

I was just about to reply saying there's no Birmingham date but there is a Manchester one.

Like I said, they always seem to come around at a bad time for me. Potentially I can get free tickets for Gorilla,  I don't know anyone bar you that likes Mono, the mate who would potentially like them has just had his first kid so there's no way he'll be going to gigs this year. I've another mate who will probably go but will hate it, but if he doesn't have to pay for the ticket it's at least a night out

Astronoid's new album came out friday and it's pretty much all I've been listening too since. I know there's a few Devin Townsend/Coheed fans here who i think will like these too...