passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Currently listening to....

RivaOni

Wow, remember when they were huge and she was the most beautiful woman in the world. I feel old :(

don't worry i remember that as well. Broke poor old Damon's heart as well, bet she wishes she had stayed with him and his gorillaz money printing press.

just heard green days new song on the radio and all i have to say is HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

sorry. just had to get that out of my system.

as mr Russel Brand would say "Tis rhubarb"

You're right, it's very shit and repetitive. I still have some hope for the full album though. American Idiot was pretty good, if very overrated.

understatement of the century there. i couldn't believe the hype that accompanied that album.

I have a copy of American Idiot, payed about £15 for it too, yet I've never listened to it.. a little insight to my life there.

Been listening to that new Silversun Pickups album and overall I'm happy with it plan to give it a good hammering over the next few weeks. It is a little different to their first album but it does just expand on the style of a few of the songs off Caravanas, I think they carry over an essance of what makes that album great and expands it in different directions.

Something else I'm listening to it Yeah Yeah Yeah's It's Blitz, which is the complete opposite to that by taking their sound into a new direction and forgetting that passion and energy that makes there earlier stuff so good, I don't know how it went so wrong because their E.P Is Is was leaps and bounds ahead of their second album and I was really looking forward to what their third would offer. Gutted, oh well.

Still listening to The Hold Steady's back catalogue too. Possibly my favouritest band ever.

Not to be the odd one out, but I've never liked Green Day, I think every guitar player I knew would play Basket Case at me and that didn't help. But I bought American Idiot when it came out and I really liked it, might put it back on and see if I still do.

Spent today killing things in Gears of War 2 to the soundtrack of the Silversun Pickups E.P. "Pikul" and then Alphabeat's album. Very odd to shoot things in the face while listening to happy camp pop songs.

I like Pikul, I'll have to get the two albums now.

Yeah Yeah Yeahs are really hit and miss for me. I really like a few of their songs, but other stuff is just too messy to enjoy.

Been listening to Bill Callahan's new album. At first it seemed like the greatest thing ever, but it quickly took a bit of a dip. The melodys tend to be a bit similar and underdeveloped, and what sounds really unique soon seems a bit too similar to the likes of Leonard Cohen (who is awesome so thats no bad thing), or the kind of country music that would be derided rather than fawned over.

After a few more listens though it picks up again, and some of the lyrics are genius, if condensed. I recommend it still, but it's not as amazing as I first thought.

Also been listening to Depeche Mode's new album, it's pretty good. They seem to be using a lot of old samples, so it sounds a bit dated, but I suspect that might be deliberate. I've not listened to it enough to know individual tracks, but it seems worth the time

Try listening to Leonard Cohen in the sunshine, it's even better!

Speaking of which, has anyone heard the original version of Hallelujah? A mate played it for me a few years ago and I nearly fell off my chair with laughter. It's shockingly bad.

Ben will no doubt slap me, but I don't get the Cohen at all.

'Songs of...' is awesome, one of my favourite albums ever in fact so yeah, you're sailing dangerously close. :)

I never really thought there was anything to get tbh, but I will say that he tries things that dont suit sometimes. I think because he came to music from something else (poetry) he sees it the way an artist would. So you get him doing things like Dear Heather which sounds like a Barry White album. Like maybe he's doing stuff that doesnt suit him as a project, a lack of reservation I guess.

And for what it's worth I've never really found him depressing either :huh:

I just find him dull, to be honest. I've got a compilation that a mate gave me because "I can't stand it", which I thought was brilliant that I was getting a free CD, until I listened to it and I agree with him. I ended up giving it to my dad. It's the same with Joy Division, everyone says they're depressing but I don't at all - I just find it boring.

There's 2 Cohen versions of Hallelujah, I thought the one on Watchmen was the one off Various Positions which is the 'normal' one. Personally I prefer that one to Buckleys because of the backing singers, it crescendo's's better imo. I cant imagine it ever being called a bad song though :huh: Did big L shit on everyones toast this morning or something?

I think mainly people just hate you, and as a result Leonard Cohen is getting a bit of a bad rap, which is pretty disgraceful of you if im honest.

Im currently listening to calvin harris, which is odd because I dont know how or why its on my ipod but the crazy catchyness of the cheeky scot is infectious.

Ive been listening to a bit of Arctic monkeys, largely overlooked their second album and coming back to it, its actually really good, got that same feeling I got from the first one.

The other thing ive been listening to is Ladyhawke, which also very good but completely different.

I'm listening to the new prodigy album. Got to say I'm really enjoying it, its like being back in 1994, in a good way. Most of the tracks would sound at home on jilted generation (although it never reaches the dizzy heights of jilted), its impressive that they can still make relevant sounding music a over decade on and give younger acts (pendulum, i'm looking at you) a run for there money.