Currently listening to....

RivaOni

Been listening to a few new albums since my last post:

Blake Mills - Mutable Set

Devendra Banhart - Ma

Fiona Apple - Fetch the Bolt Cutters

Moses Sumney - grae

Woods - Strange to Explain

All highly recommended except Moses Sumney’s album which is kind of a mixed bag, but I do like him. Devendra Banhart’s album is from last year but I just picked it up recently, lovely album that I listen to a lot when I’m driving.

Also I paid a small fortune for Stevie Smith’s poetry CD The Spoken Word, but I’m very glad to have it and I’ve been listening to that too.

So this song is one I feel should have gone viral. 

Maybe it did but I missed it.  But I love it.  It's about government and masturbation.  So I dunno if I should feel validated or attacked.  I just know I wish I knew about this song sooner. IT'S ME! 

On 11/06/2020 at 23:25, HandsomeDead said:

Just man, this shit seems real for me for some reason 

Fantastic track and video. The new album is currently free to download on their website.

This is still one of my favourites:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'll pop this article here, about Tony Wilson RIP (Factory Records) and the early introduction of MP3 /digital music.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2020/aug/10/youve-been-smoking-too-much-the-chaos-of-tony-wilsons-digital-music-revolution

My first MP3 player was a Creative MuVo that I could just about get 1 CD worth of songs on.

Aside, if you've never ventured into the bizarre life of Tony Wilson, its well worth watching "24 Hr Party People" and the Joy Division/ Ian Curtis movie "Control". I grew up in Granada Land  so he was a TV regular during my childhood.

I don’t mean to spam rap on here because I don’t know if people like it but this guy’s song is about girls/relationships but using books or book terminology for metaphors. He says I turn you over, I like the look of you, I leave you open, come back and finish you 

Hahaha fucking dying that’s so funny

On 11/06/2020 at 23:25, HandsomeDead said:

Just man, this shit seems real for me for some reason 

I've been listening to RTJ4 on heavy rotation for the past few days, it's great. Probably my album of 2020.

This when you hear de la Rocha's vocal kick in