passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Currently listening to....

RivaOni

Getting me through work this week has been the new album by the Claypool Lennon Delirium, which is exactly what I expected it to sound like.

First track on the album sounds like Syd era Pink Floyd, second track sounds like The Beatles. Which is this one:

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/03/2019 at 22:32, Duck said:

New American Football came out..

I like Paramore (through the wife) but she should do more progressive stuff like this. I feel like she's wasting her talent. 

I love this song (and album). Paramore’s last album (After Laughter) was really good.

As it is a [rare] day off, I'm on a bit of a nostalgia kick. It got me thinking, what makes a memorable theme intro?

Is it the tune? (For the curious, Lil OCH was fully invested in this cartoon, back in the day, from around 1:03)

Is it the song? (A chorus, that I've found after many years, sticks with you)

Those that simply get to the point? (Of course, I loved this too)

Or is it the right combination of all the above??

I'm really enjoying everything Lizzo has put out recently, completely out of synch with my usual music taste.

On 22/04/2019 at 00:12, DifferentClass said:

I've been trying to get into Beck's last album for a while.  It's okay? But I dunno why I'm trying so hard with it. 

I really liked that album, took a while to click for me but worth the effort. Think he has a new album due soon?

I'm loving the new Chemical Brothers album at the moment as well. They've really knocked it out of the park the last few albums. 

On 23/04/2019 at 15:35, Whiskey_chaser said:

I'm loving the new Chemical Brothers album at the moment as well. They've really knocked it out of the park the last few albums. 

This. Album of the year so far for me (by default as it's the only 2019 album I've listened to I think..)

I listen to the Chemical Brothers a lot, but it only really occurred to me the other day, I don't think they've made a duff album in the 25 odd years they've been releasing stuff. I guess you could argue that their sound doesn't differ a whole bunch from one to the next, just tweaked a bit, but they still knock out amazing songs and albums.

I’ve listened to the Spiderverse Soundtrack about 20 times in the last 24 hours and even though there are some crappy songs on it some of them are awesome. I wish there was a game that could deliver the same kind of emotional response that this music and film gets from me

Some of you will know my taste in music can be a little erratic, so today I have been listening to Little Mix. They’ve made some amazing singles and I’ve been listening to a playlist on Spotify.

I’ve tended to only listen to the ones I know the most, but this one I’ve never heard of came on and I left it running and it’s an amazing pop song that should’ve been a massive hit.

The bridge is a bit weak but the drone/surf guitar on the chorus just sounds fucking immense.

New Tool album rumoured to come out in August. Also some theories going round that the same day it comes out, all Tool material will be released on digital platforms for the first time.

Been listening to Vampire Weekend’s new album “Father of the Bride” since it came out on Friday. I love it. Vampire Weekend are musical royalty at this stage, they gave us three excellent albums and now after a long break they’ve come back with this Christmas present (in May). 

I also can’t wait for The National’s new album in two weeks time. The three singles have been stunning and signs are it will be even better than their last album, Sleep Well Beast, which I loved. Like Vampire Weekend, one of the bands of that generation (although stretching back a little further) who have really endured. 

On 04/05/2019 at 17:24, Hendo said:

Some of you will know my taste in music can be a little erratic, so today I have been listening to Little Mix. They’ve made some amazing singles and I’ve been listening to a playlist on Spotify.

I’ve tended to only listen to the ones I know the most, but this one I’ve never heard of came on and I left it running and it’s an amazing pop song that should’ve been a massive hit.

The bridge is a bit weak but the drone/surf guitar on the chorus just sounds fucking immense.

Salute is a great pop song. Honestly, if you ever decide to listen to their albums, give Get Weird a go.

There are some really good songs that weren't released as singles on there.