passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Currently listening to....

RivaOni

I'm listening to Fleetwood Mac of the back of the Netflix doc about Jimmy Iovine and Dr Dre. I know a lot of their song's, but never purposefully listened to them before and I came up with a theory.

I think for anyone currently in their 30's, the only way you would like Fleetwood Mac is if your parents did, and seen as mine didn't bother with them, I never have. See also Dire Straits. 

This is based very little evidence 

I've still listening to that new Hopesfall album a lot. My favourite song on it changes all the time, which i think is a good sign..

I've been listening to a lot Christian Löffler and Between the Buried and Me.

Christian Löffler is really nice working music..

Between the Buried and Me are a band I knew of but did take much interest in. But i saw them supporting Devin Townsend in Krakow and they were amazing. This song is really fun..

• 2 weeks later...

This just came on the radio and I know nothing about the band but they have an album out early next year and it’s produced by the guy from the Black Keys, which you can hear a bit of that. Plus a little Arctic Monkeys and Tom Waits.

Colors by Beck, video directed by Edgar Wright.

I was watched this right before starting Forza Horizon 4. So when it was playing in the Horizon Festival area at the start of the game, I was really confused until I confirmed it was in the game and not playing in the background somewhere.

Because I can't be bothered looking for something new and heavy, I'm currently listening to a pop/R&B album from the early 00s that I used to love. Can't find a link for the full album, but here's one of the singles released:

It's not the greatest album, but I love the beats all the way through. Except on one song, which has an annoying slightly off high-pitched drum beat running throughout.

I've been listening to Pig Destroyer's new album a lot the last 2 weeks..

A lot of people prefer the early grindcore'y stuff but I the riff heavy stuff like Phantom Limb was too. This album seems a mix of the two. The opening track is a hard listen though because it's harsh but i don't think they care. ?

45 minutes ago, Nag said:

Got this floating around in my head at the minute, no idea why....

Such a great soundtrack for an incredibly bad film. The only one on there I really don't like is the Ice T track, I absolutely love the Dinosaur Jr. one.

1993/94 had some great soundtrack albums: this one, The Crow, Last Action Hero and Pulp Fiction all spring to mind.

• 2 weeks later...

@RikSP

Faith No More are a band that I should like, but never have been able to get into.

Spotify randomly shuffled up a track from Daft Punk's Alive live album, so that's now getting played on full whilst I'm on the train. I always forget how much I like a) Daft Punk and b ) live albums in general.

I quite regularly listen to Faith No More, I think King For A Day would be in my top 5 albums. I've mostly been listening to Ashes to Ashes, it's something I think I'd love to want to do at karaoke if I ever actually did it

I had a bit of a spell watching the cameotastic video for I started a Joke

• 2 weeks later...

Listening to More Blood More Tracks, the new bootleg series cd from Bob Dylan. I tired to buy it but my card was declined for some reason, I’ll have to look into it. It has beautiful versions of songs like You’re A Big Girl Now and Idiot Wind.