passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Sonic Unleashed

DANGERMAN

Double post winzing.

In my weaker moment i think this game is ok. It lets me enjoy a warehog level for a bit or thrills me with one of Sonics on rails moment. In these times i forget the shit it puts me through almost constantly.

This game would work so much better if it was just the Daytime and Nightime levels. No hubs, no villagers and no collecting of Sun and Moon medals which is the worst idea in history. Im having to backtrack through older levels because i havent got enough of these crappy medals to access new areas so the game can progress. Searching for these medals in the daytime stages means plodding through Sonics superfast levels at a snails pace, and with there springs, cannons and speed up spots it feels completely unatural and most of all unfun.

Also, the checkpoints are devastatingly brutal sometimes. Ive just done yet another flawed Warehog level that see's you crossing a checkpoint before fighting about 30 enemies before hitting four buttons in a specific order that then activates these creatures that you can grab onto to cross a gap of water. Obviously the water is instant death. Obviously one of the creatures you have to grab to cross the insta-death water randomly electricutes itself so when you grab it you fall. And die. And to top it all of the jump and the grab are as responsive as Stephen Hawkin's legs. And your death means repeating the terribly boring 30 enemy fight, the button pressing - repeat untill you either manage to do the level or kill yourself in real life.

Its a shame because the game itself could be really good but the flaws are sooo horrendous I could never i a million years reccomend it to anyone.

Double post winzing.

In my weaker moment i think this game is ok. It lets me enjoy a warehog level for a bit or thrills me with one of Sonics on rails moment. In these times i forget the shit it puts me through almost constantly.

This game would work so much better if it was just the Daytime and Nightime levels. No hubs, no villagers and no collecting of Sun and Moon medals which is the worst idea in history. Im having to backtrack through older levels because i havent got enough of these crappy medals to access new areas so the game can progress. Searching for these medals in the daytime stages means plodding through Sonics superfast levels at a snails pace, and with there springs, cannons and speed up spots it feels completely unatural and most of all unfun.

Also, the checkpoints are devastatingly brutal sometimes. Ive just done yet another flawed Warehog level that see's you crossing a checkpoint before fighting about 30 enemies before hitting four buttons in a specific order that then activates these creatures that you can grab onto to cross a gap of water. Obviously the water is instant death. Obviously one of the creatures you have to grab to cross the insta-death water randomly electricutes itself so when you grab it you fall. And die. And to top it all of the jump and the grab are as responsive as Stephen Hawkin's legs. And your death means repeating the terribly boring 30 enemy fight, the button pressing - repeat untill you either manage to do the level or kill yourself in real life.

Its a shame because the game itself could be really good but the flaws are sooo horrendous I could never i a million years reccomend it to anyone.

Did you try that 'on rails' level from the Delfino-rip off village? I think you had to hammer some bots to reach it. I just kept flying off into the abyss!! argh! :lol: I don't know about you, but the framerate in some of the night-time levels on PS3 was shocking. Its a shame cos the daytime levels looked great, just a shame they were such an arse to play..

one boss fight that drove me nuts was that dragon boss where you had to lob water at it.

Controversialy ive enjoyed the boss fights, its just gettin to the cunts ive got a problem with!

I managed to unlock the second level in the Snowy wastes & became so mad cos Sonic just kept sinking to a watery grave! :lol:

Its a shame as the small town levels were quite nice to wander around (the sunny island level was a fave) I quite likeed the European city level with its rails throu the streets.

Where exactly did everyone get upto with this? (or manage to reach!) I think I reached that Arabian City type level & the first level drove me nuts with its side-on wall runs near the end - I think I must have used up my entire 8 lives just trying to get past that section!

I gave up on the last level. I was finding the game OK, but the last level is fucking horrific.

I've reached that City level - one with the fountain (opposite from the Arabian City). The first one is a night time Werehog level & one false move on these precarious narrow walkways... I wouldn't care but when you reach the monster up on a rooftop (which takes a ridiculous amount of swing poles to reach!) you can often loose all your Unleash power if you get knocked off & they're aren't enough objects around to boost it up again so its easy to find yourself in a no-win situation on these Werehog night levels. Its such a great shame as some of the daytime levels are really nice (I think the first one - is it Spagonia? remains my firm fave as is the nice & sunny Act 2. I agree with what Illdog mentioned about collecting the Sun & Moon medals - sometimes you tear through at such breakneck speed its impossible to collect them all - I think in the City Rooftops level in the Parisian City one particular moon medal was even placed behind a wire mesh that you certainly would never have found other than crawling along at a snails pace!

• 9 years later...

This may surprise some of you here but I've never sucked off a tramps rancid cock. Despite never having done that i'm pretty sure i'd hate it. Now, I have played Sonic Unleashed before. I know i fucking hate that yet here I am, having another go just because it's now backwards compatible on the X.

I've been playing about an hour and a half and I'm fucking miserable because this game is shit. Did I turn it off? Did i fuck. That would have been the sensible thing to do. But i'm still playing. Despite Werehog Sonic only grabbing ledges and poles in the middle of oceans 50% of the time even though the right button was pressed and then me plummeting to my death at least 8 times in a row after a very dull but lengthy fighting section it then makes you repeat each time because the checkpoints are so bollocks. Despite Sonic's homing attack missing the target because although it was highlited green,  at the last second that green target just disappears and I plumit to my fucking death. Despite the way forward in the running sections sometimes being as clear as solidified pig shit that's then rubbed in to your eyes just after you've been punched in the nose.

But i'm so close to the end... so close. Yet I hear the final level is utter horses ass. I know i shouldn't put myself through it but I just hate not finishing game. I'm gonna put that rancid tramp's cock in my mouth, I know it.