passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Microsoft Consoles and Updates

Oliath

instead I got Cher and some other old witches.

This made me laugh. :D

That's just the way LastFM works, I think, that you can't play songs directly, it's meant to be random. Apparently Spotify is better but I haven't really tried it.

Haven't tried Facebook but I can imagine it'll work fine. Twitter is pointless because of the lack of web browser and picture opening facilities.

Anyone tried the Zune video thing? I found a free stream of 4 minutes worth of footage from AVATAR. It works out what definition you can get from your net connection and mine was the full 1080p! Looks very dodgy in the first few seconds and then it all smooths out.

• 10 months later...

I'm not arsed, I can wait.

Warning though:

You will NOT be able to party chat with ANYONE who is not in the beta....you will NOT be able to hear voice messages from people not in the beta....voice messages sent to ANYONE NOT in the beta will NOT be able to play your voice message... IN GAME chat will work fine...Also PLEASE remember, it is a confidential beta, please DO NOT leak information out that should or isn't publicly available...Good Luck

• 2 weeks later...

Features!

* Improved voice quality – the audio codec is being updated to improve Xbox LIVE Party chat audio quality. So grab your friends and jump into a multiplayer game, catch a big sports event, watch a movie or do all three.

* Improved experience for changing your Gamertag – choosing a new Gamertag? If the Gamertag you're looking for is already taken, your Avatar will spin a wheel and we will provide five other Gamertag suggestions at a time for you to choose from.

* Streamlined in-dashboard virtual keyboard – we've taken the existing QWERTY keyboard in-dash and made it easier to use for scenarios that involve repeated text entry, for example when signing up for Live within the dashboard.

* Improved Xbox Live Marketplace UI and browse experience – the Games Marketplace has been re-organized to provide streamlined access to the games and content you want, reducing the number of steps it takes to get to a download.

* Avatar changes – we've made your Avatars slightly more proportional so you can better play Kinect games.

* Easier to get on a wireless network – trying to connect to a wireless network? With the next update, you'll see a list of all the wireless networks within range when you go into network settings. From there, you'll be able to select a new network or further configure the network you're connected to.

* Ability to sign-out other controllers in the sign-in UI – we're adding the ability to sign-out profiles on other controllers in the sign-in UI within the Guide. This is especially useful when playing games like Rock Band.

* New browse experience for 100 per cent completed games – you spent a lot of time and effort earning those Achievements, so instead of only being able to view your first dozen completed games, we're giving you a new and better way to browse all of them.

Gets released 4th of November.

Xbox Germany announced that the friends list was gonna be upped from 100 to 1000 and then their post got deleted. Major Nelson has gone on the record saying it won't happen.

No smoke without fire though eh?

If they're gonna make a friends list that big, I'd like to see a way of sorting them into groups like how you can do with MSN, or at least you could do, haven't used it in ages.

• 3 weeks later...

New dashboard update is now live for all.

Is it compulsory? How long does it take?

Compulsory, you cannot access Live without it. Download took a couple minutes including installing, then there's a brief intro with steps to go through for noobs.

Edit: there's an update when you enter the Avatar editor for the first time, also.

Yeah I had some problems getting it. It told me it couldn't download even though the whole dashboard had changed to the new colour scheme.

Couldn't go online either so after doing a network test I finally got online and got it properly.

I like some bits like the gamepages look very clean and swish but like Sly's post in the LOL thread, it's very bright.

The indie store is getting even more pushed into the background than before. :(