passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Microsoft Consoles and Updates

Oliath

It's so much better. It's not only faster but it also a lot easier to navigate. The sidebar like on the PS Store and on the eShop just makes a lot of sense for something like this.

And screenshots are finally being loaded quickly and displayed in full screen. Can't believe it took until 2020 for that.

Very good and overdue update.

Seems like it’s all falling into place to be a £500 box, right?

I wonder if Ori 2 hits Series X this year. I’ve so dropped the ball on playing that game that if it comes out this year I might just wait and play it on the SX

That, Cyberpunk, CoD and the Medium. I could see it. 

I wonder if that means next week there will be another Xbox 20/20 video or whatever it was they were calling it. Or if there will still be.

C’mon. Dates, price, launch line up. Time is time. 

Not sure what they can really do but I think now Halo isn’t happening they need to pull some crazy Gamepass thing for launch. They probably can’t get Cyberpunk but if they could that would be amazing for them. 

Or if they launched with a bunch of last gen games but upgraded to Gamepass. Maybe not these games specifically but if they got Control UE, Avengers, Dirt 5 all on Gamepass? Having no exclusives looks a lot better if they can get some of these “Optimised for Series X” games as part of the subscription. I think they have to promote that feature a lot harder now. 

Nice. I’m kind of in the middle on the design. On the one hand it looks just like a Xbox One S, which is a very good looking console. Then they went and messed it up with the big black speaker air vent on it. 

I’m started to get excited about new consoles I can feel it in my stomach. It’s getting more real all the time.

Just did a quick and dirty price conversion on the XSX US price to UK and including VAT it would shake out at £455.76.

So yeah, I can’t see them selling it for lower than £459 but as that’s an odd price I’d expect £499. Something like £479 might be feasible too.

2 hours ago, mmmark said:

Happy little soul aren’t you ?

I just don't really see the point of lesser options. They sell a cool thing and a lame thing. For me that's not a choice as you have the real product on one side and a cheap but bad alternative on the other. You can' even buy it as a backwards-compatible box since it doesn't have a disc drive.

I don't really get it either, I don't know how they build games that will easily scale to both systems without having to cut back stuff.

People will say 'but PC' but you still have to build around the weakest system. Funnily enough I think this is the best next gen design even in spite of the stupid cooling spot