passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Microsoft Consoles and Updates

Oliath

My expectations are pretty much 0 for tonight’s presentation so yeah I hope to get hyped by something.

I think the only thing that’ll do it is new AAA IP. Forza, Halo and Gears (in some form) are snorefests to me unless they show Horizon 5.

I really hope we see Elden Ring too.

33 minutes ago, Maryokutai said:

Sony's PS5 unveiling was talked about in the Sony thread so this should be fine I suppose?

Yeah, I was looking through the pages to see if it got it’s own but doesn’t look like it. Cool, here it is. Anywhere is fine with me, I was just checking. 

Only an hour to go...

I really hope by tomorrow Digital Foundry manages to give as accurate as possible breakdown on what an X game looks like and what a SX game looks like. I’m really pumped to see a batch of new, cool looking games but will it be able to convince me I need their new machine. This is my big question. 

Yes, it’s bad. Also they still got their Lockhart to go or whatever as well. 

Although it’s funny you can tell the difference between all them PC parts but not a new machine and an old machine

I think the stream is just 1080p? I can’t find better on YT or Twitch 

Please link if your stream looks good, mine doesn’t

EDIT: Yuji Naka now works at Square! Is that new? I didn’t know that?

The direction I was hoping for that demo was Master Chef would get in a banshee and quickly fly to other parts of the Halo. Isn't that the whole promise of SSD for these open worlds.

Open world can be good if you BOTW it and make travel fast easy and really enjoyable rather than turning it into a checklist of tasks.

That's my take anyway, maybe they will do that stuff

I kinda think Halo Infinite's visuals demonstrate pretty well the tradeoff we might have to accept for 4K 60 next gen.

The Psychonauts song is fun lol

Anyway it's going to be a slow year for games looking at this showcase, I really do think now that the launch for Xbox is going to be a bunch of last gen stuff and Halo while developers adjust their timelines to the pandemic