Sign in to follow this  
Oliath

Microsoft Consoles and Updates

Opernecia is from Zen studios, is it not? I know a few guys were annoyed since it went exclusive.

What Remains of Edith Finch is a sublime experience. 

Just now, retroed said:

What Remains of Edith Finch is a sublime experience. 

The man, he speaks in truths 

April GwG...

GRAW2 was meant to be amazing. SWBFII probably has more content than the current EA games put together.

I don't know much about the other two games in the line up. It's kind of fucked up that the older games are more desirable.

Technomancer is pretty good if you are into European RPGs. The Developer, Spiders makes pretty broken games even by the standard of the genre and it's always hard to tell if the combat is painfully difficult or not working. Some pretty fun dialogue though and you can make your dude look like he listens to Russian Hardbass all day if that's a priority. 

Those GRAW games were brilliant in their day. I was so disappointed when they did that reboot and it was just another cover based shooter 

Looks like the price of LIVE is being increased...

As of May 08, the 12-month subscription fee for Xbox Live Gold is increasing from £39.99 to £49.99 to address changing market conditions. All current subscribers will keep their current subscription fee for 90 days. You will be charged the new price effective August 7, 2019 unless you choose to cancel your subscription before the next scheduled payment. For more information: https://support.xbox.com.

Mo Money Mo Problems

I'm surprised it's taken them this long to be honest.

I haven't paid full price for Live or Game Pass for ages, don't think I have ever paid full price for GP actually. Usually just let it lapse, then take advantage of the offers that pop up on the dashboard. Don't have more than a few days downtime before they are offering month trials for £1 or X months for half price. 

New Game Pass additions

TW_WIRE-April-Titles_W2_JPG-hero.jpg

You can check out the list of Xbox Game Pass additions and the dates they'll be arriving below:

Prey (April 11)

The Golf Club 2 (April 11)

Monster Hunter: World (April 18)

The Walking Dead: A New Frontier (April 18)

Life is Strange 2: Episode 2 (April 24)

Resident Evil 5 (April 25)

Wow, Monster Hunter World?! Awesome, I’m intrigued by that but didn’t want to actually spend the money trying it after the demo didn’t do much for me. 

That’s a good list, at least 4 I’d like to try. Me and @illdogshould play through Resident Evil 5 again.

10 minutes ago, mfnick said:

Wow, Monster Hunter World?! Awesome, I’m intrigued by that but didn’t want to actually spend the money trying it after the demo didn’t do much for me. 

I bought it at launch, bounced off it so hard after only three or four hours and traded it in... Bought it again in December and had a brilliant time with it.

For the price of Game Pass you can't really go wrong with it.

2 hours ago, Hendo said:

That’s a good list, at least 4 I’d like to try. Me and @illdogshould play through Resident Evil 5 again.

I am down. 

May I also recommend Prey, it’s really good.

Prey is fucking phenomenal!

MHW is a great get too, the rest I don't care for. 

I've had to cancel my GP this month unfortunately due to all the new house stuff I need to buy.

New house stuff?... Have you moved in with that bird @Blakey?

26 minutes ago, Nag said:

New house stuff?... Have you moved in with that bird @Blakey?

At the end of April yeah, just currently going through all the signing/deposit wranglings with the letting agents/builders so got to buy a whole load of stuff, sign up for council tax, tv license, get new internet.

Sofa, TV,  Bed + Headboard, Mattress, Internet all ordered plus her Manager gave her a load of cooking stuff for free from work. The rest we're getting from Ikea on Saturday but it shouldn't be too expensive, need a TV cabinet, coffee table, other misc. cooking and bathroom stuff then we should be all set.

Fuck me you don't waste any time... You'll be married with kids by Christmas.

Xbox One S Digital-Only Edition
 Xbox One S Digital-Only Edition Photograph: Microsoft

Microsoft has announced a new model of its Xbox One console, a digital-only version that will not be able to play discs and costs less than its siblings.

The Xbox One S All-Digital Edition is functionally and visually identical to the existing Xbox One S console, apart from the absence of a disc drive. It’s aimed at “digital natives”, according to Microsoft’s Jeff Gattis – primarily teens who grew up without the discs and cartridges that older games relied upon. It is out on 7 May, and will cost £199 in the UK and $249 in the US, significantly cheaper than the other Xbox One models. It will come with Minecraft, Forza Horizon 3 and Sea of Thieves pre-installed, and a discounted subscription to Xbox Game Pass, which offers a library of more than 100 games for a monthly fee.

The disc-less model is not intended to replace disc-based Xbox Ones, Gattis insists, despite a huge market shift towards subscription services and downloadable games in the past few years. “We’re not looking to push customers toward digital; it’s about meeting the needs of customers that are digital natives that prefer digital-based media,” he says. “I’m not able to talk about future generations [of Xbox consoles]: for now this is a choice that buyers can make, and the market can take things where it wants to take it.”

The Xbox One S Digital-Only Edition is only the second video game console to rely entirely on game downloads instead of discs or cartridges: the first was Sony’s portable PSP Go, released in 2009. Microsoft has been working on a next-generation Xbox console for some years now, and is widely expected to announce it at this year’s E3 video game expo in June.

I'm amazed they didn't make it cheaper and smaller than that. I honestly don't know why you'd pick that up over one with a drive, but I guess I'm not a digital native