passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Microsoft Consoles and Updates

Oliath

31 minutes ago, radiofloyd said:

Fable would be nice but I guess Playground Games are a first party developer right?

Yeah, from the wording in the tweet I’m guessing 1P games won’t be shown at this  one. Who knows though, but yeah Playground are 1P.

Xbox Wire: Xbox 20/20

So, what is in store for 2020?

This is a momentous year for Xbox, with our next-gen console paving the way for all our games and services to come together in even better ways. Here’s what 2020 looks like, just to start:

Our goal remains to launch Xbox Series X and Halo Infinite this Holiday

• All 15 Xbox Game Studios teams are hard at work on next-generation games for Xbox Series X and Xbox Game Pass
  • The best development teams around the world are working hard to have their games ready to play on Xbox Series X this holiday
  • For PC players, we plan to support the community by making all our major releases at launch available with Xbox Game Pass for PC, including Halo Infinite, Wasteland 3, Minecraft Dungeons and of course, Microsoft Flight Simulator.
  • We have new updates and titles lined up for Xbox Game Pass for console and PC
  • We’re expanding Project xCloud into new countries and on new devices—and later this year Project xCloud and Xbox Game Pass will come together, enabling you and your friends to play together in more ways.

Watched the big video showing all the new games and none of them interested me at all. Hopefully when they show the first party exclusive stuff it’s more interesting.  

Maybe those games shown today will be great, but just as initial impressions of teaser trailers left me really cold. Either the trailers didn’t give enough clue as to what the actual game was or it was like oh I’ve played that before. 

The only game that made me sort of excited was the spaceship game but it’s hard not to be suspicious when they won’t show you more than one second of gameplay at a time. 

*Shrugs*

Just watched it.

The Samurai FPS game looks really interesting, look forward to more of that. 

I absolutely fucking love the visual design or Scorn. But no gameplay so no idea if I should actually be excited.

For the most part I love DiRT games so I’ll be getting 5. Looks like the Rally versions have allowed them to take these in a fully arcade route now too which could be good. 

I love survival horror games so interested in The Medium.

Scarlet Nexus looks like DMC crossed with Control and Psi Ops so could be interesting. 

Im liking how they didn’t rely just on sequels. Felt like old reveals where a new console means it could be the start of a few new IP’s in a way. But most could be terrible since they didn’t actually show any proper gameplay. 

We’ve been through it before but the ‘Optimised for Series X’ logo constantly brought me down. Just a reminder none of these are going to be really utilising the Series X power and advantages.  It’s really deflating and personally does really reduce my excitement for a new console. I understand why they’re doing it and it’s good not to have to go and buy a new console straight away for the new games especially with how things are. But it’s still a real downer for me and my excitement about it. 

That's a good point. I mean in all honesty it was a great lineup with a lot of diversity, unique ideas and settings and if I it weren't for the two horror titles I'd probably play all of those games.

But with the exception of Bright Memory – which ironically seems to a one-man project? – nothing looked like next-gen. Sure, some stuff like Medium, Ascent and Call of the Sea looked a lot cleaner than we're used to with zero visual annoyances like aliasing and stuff but it certainly was a weird way of promoting a new generation and, on paper at least, the most powerful console we ever had.

Definitely two ways to look at this. In the end there are lots of cool games in there so that's what's important to me. But will I buy the new Xbox at launch to play them even though I can get them on my bog standard Xbox One as well? Doubtful. It'll be interesting to see how much their first-party game will benefit from the added Series X power when we see those games in July.

Sorry, just watched it again, poor description on my part. For some reason I remembered those shield enemies being samurais. ?

Think my brain must have made it so just because of the Japanese style buildings around you at beginning of the trailer and you have a sword. Don’t know, sorry ?. Still excited for that one though.