Sign in to follow this  
Oliath

Microsoft Consoles and Updates

Garden Warfare 2 is a pretty good game. Easy max as well for those people that like to whore.

I'll probably download three of those... not interested in the Star Wars game.

Meh. Apart from Rising, always meant to play that and never got around to it. Will defo give it a go on the X when that’s out though. 

Republic Commando is fucking phenomenal.

Don’t care about the rest.

19 minutes ago, Craymen Edge said:

I don't remember what it was before.

Microsoft Console and Dashboard. I think it was originally created when they did the big update that got rid of the blades? I might be misremembering that though.

Rumours have started that the new disc-less Xbox One S will be in stores for the beginning of May...

New sku

I think Microsoft have a solid foundation for giving this a try now.

Why?

Consoles might not be where you make money, but I bet Sony might have a counter argument 

This would be good for us gamers, but I very much doubt Sony will be happy with you paying MS for a service on their machine. Hell they wouldn’t even let Origin on it. 

I think Xbox are trying to think about the future as obviously this time around their console has not done very well. I also think it says a lot that Xbox want to put their stuff on the other team’s machine just so they can sell to more people. 

But Sony are top dog right now and don’t have to share their toys with anyone. Even the cross platform play was just because of swelling negative press and not really because they want to. 

11 hours ago, Nag said:

Why?

I'm not going to say it's a terrible idea because I don't think it will do any major harm, other than possibly not make money (like, it's not going to damage the brand or anything), and if it's really, really cheap I can see an initial rush of people being tempted. I can see why they might try to sell a Game Pass box, however their current SKUs aren't exactly flying off the shelves, I'm not sure a basic Xbox, with no disc drive, is really going to tempt people, with the caveat of if it's stupidly cheap I can see it doing alright

This might be the time that they finally pull the trigger on following the phone model.

Pay a little bit more a month than a GamePass subscription to get that and the Xbox on contract for a year and then when the contract runs out, encourage you to keep your sub. It's not like it'll be worth much to sell on if you have no physical games to sell with it, nor can they be used on it anyway.

Yeah I remember that happening and wondering how it went. I don’t think this will be that, but that’s the smarter way to sell a disc-less console, in my opinion.

Pretty certain no-one is under the impression that this thing will shift 30 million units... I just think they've set up the infrastructure to be able market a system like that fairly well.

It certainly sounds a better prospect now than if you'd of tried the same thing before GamePass was a thing.