Sign in to follow this  
Oliath

Microsoft Consoles and Updates

7 minutes ago, ThreeFour said:

Bring it on. I want a new sexy box. 

You’ll have to ask the wife if she’s ok with that 😂

So the OS of the Xbox one. Isn’t as bad as it’s made out. Isn’t as good as fans make out. PS4 is cold and functional. Xbox one is homely but takes some getting used to and making it your own. I’d rate both 7/10. 

I do wish they'd render the dash in 4k though, you can really tell the difference between the two consoles in that regard.

The Xbox dash of now is better than launch Xbox dash I’ll give you that. 

Still shite compared to PS4 and Switch, it takes me about 3 screens just to install/download a game and sometimes a video starts playing randomly on the store page. 

It’s not offensive or anything don’t get me wrong, but for a software company that prides itself on OS’ it’s pretty woeful.

Three screens... the horror!😂😂

And I'm pretty certain you can toggle the auto playing trailers in the settings.

It just feels clunky, it’s just arse about face about everything. You can’t just go to game and press A to play there’s always some kind of hoop you’ve gotta jump through. PS4 and Switch just feel so simple and easy to use in comparison.

I find it so fucking weird that @wiivo 2.0 of all people is now an Xbox faithful 😂.

The Xbox dash is shit. Simples. The X makes it at least useable so it’s not like a slideshow where you have to wait 30minutes for each bit to load in if you press something but it’s still crap. 

It could do with some quality of life changes too. Especially the store. Take Trials Rising Beta as a recent example for me. As I was searching it kept trying to take me to the Fusion store page instead and then when I got to Rising it was the full game with no sign of the Beta. I had to go to a completely different page forit. Whereas when something like that is on the PS Store it’s all together and logically laid out. Same with DLC, I can get all the available DLC for one game showing on a page. On the Xbox I’ve had to search for a particularly piece of DLC I want because it’s not tied to the game page. When there’s multiple versions of one game (special, ultimate, deluxe etc) it gets even more confusing. Sure it’s not that hard to figure out and it’s not the end of the world but it could be so much better. Especially with MS where they got it so right last gen, I don’t know how they’ve fucked the dash up so much compared to the 360. It’s nowhere near as user friendly. Just annoying to use even now it’s my primary console, I still can’t get properly used to it. 

How does the game pass thing work for pc? Isn't there some stuff you get on there as well? I can't seem to work it out from looking online.

10 hours ago, Blakey said:

You can’t just go to game and press A to play

I'd love to see how you have yours set up because that's exactly how mine works... Insert disc press one button and the game launches.🤔

5 hours ago, wiivo 2.0 said:

The moment you said simples you lost all credibility @mfnick :fist:

I understand. I am ashamed. :( 

I do sincerely apologise. 

1 hour ago, Jimbo Xiii said:

How does the game pass thing work for pc? Isn't there some stuff you get on there as well? I can't seem to work it out from looking online.

Game Pass is pretty weak on PC, I'm not sure it's officially supported yet. The store didn't even let you filter the game pass games for just those playable on PC last time I looked.

There is a small selection of Play Anywhere titles, where you buy once and have access to them on Xbox and PC

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/xbox-play-anywhere

But  the vast majority weren't on the game pass last time I looked.

@Jimbo Xiii

Basically what Craymen said. They're selling it on pc so it's out on pc, but the selection isn't very good and you have to use the Windowsill store. Gears 4 is on there, Sea of Thieves, I think Crackdown 3 is now, but maybe only about 10 other games 

They quite often do deals where you can get a month for £1 so you could play through a couple of things 

March GwG...