Sign in to follow this  
Oliath

Microsoft Consoles and Updates

Damn! Game Pass is so fucking good. Remember Crackdown 3 will be on there on release this month too :) 

On 06/02/2019 at 13:01, mfnick said:

Damn! Game Pass is so fucking good. Remember Crackdown 3 will be on there on release this month too :) 

Ill be the judge of that 🤔

tbc...

that's not bad tbf. 2 Batman games, Headlander is supposed to be decent, Alien is supposed to be good, and Walking dead if you want to play that (that's not as loaded as it sounds)

I thought that was next month's GwG for a minute...

That should be next week, I'd imagine.

As one of the greatest horror games of all time I might have to give Alien Isolation a replay, what a fucking game that is.

Couldn't give a shit about the rest.

Alien is a great game, it should probably finish about four hours before it actually does but what can you do....

resident-evil-code-veronica-x-playstation-4-release.jpg.optimal.jpg

Microsoft has added five new games to the Backward Compatibility program today. The entire Lost Planet series, including all three numbered titles and Colonies, is now playable on Xbox One. The first backward compatible Resident Evil title is Code: Veronica X, which joins today as well.

I'm quite tempted to buy Code Veronica now, it's the only game in the main series (on these consoles) I don't have.

Sounds plausible

Bit of a kick in the nuts for One X owners if true though. What the hell was the point of putting that out if you have a new console announcement 19 months after? 

Yeah, what's the point in owning a console for a whole three years eh?

1 hour ago, Nag said:

Yeah, what's the point in owning a console for a whole three years eh?

So you think hypothetically they'll announce at E3 2019 then release it in Autumn 2020? If they announce at E3 this year they'll be coming out Autumn 2019 in my view, which means One X owners have only had their consoles 2 years and are being asked to dive into their pockets for another £500 for a  XXXXbox or whatever they call the next Xbox.

The article says an expected release fall 2020, X was announced E3 2016 and released fall 2017... and to be honest your views are so fucking skewed when it comes to the Xbox brand I don't even know why I'm having this conversation. @Blakey

Fall 2020 would be ok, if it’s 2019 I’ll be pissed off! I paid more for the Xbox X than I have for basically any console ever. & it wasn’t even a brand new machine with its own games. If they expect me to pay again within a couple of years, fuck right off. I’ll never buy a half step console ever again. I also just don’t feel there’s need for another anywhere near as soon as 2019. To me these consoles have only just got going properly recently. 

I was more than ready for another console by the end of the 360/PS3 gen but this one has only just started. Especially with all the remasters and half step instalments we’ve had. Partly due to the publishers not thinking there was a console market to sell to anymore for the first year until they sold like mad and they decided to actually make some games 

Ah I see @Nag my bad, I skimmed the article but must’ve missed the part about Fall 2020.