passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Microsoft Consoles and Updates

Oliath

As I pretty much buy everything digitally nowadays I'll be looking forward to pulling the trigger on Horizon Forbidden West in the new year at whatever price Sony have that at... I guess it'll probably be God of War after that.

Physical copies on Xbox are kind of pointless now anyway. I mean I still buy them just to have something that I could theoretically resell, but there's this whole thing where you can't even install them offline and the phone-home-DRM will prevent them from being collector's items in the future. Plus in Halo's case you wouldn't even have the full game on there, as Co-op, Forge and Raytracing will come as an update.

PS5 discs cost more but at least you can install them on a retro offline PS5 in 20 years still.

That site is pretty cool. Did the whole

museum thing, was a nice trip down memory lane. RRoD included lol. Some of the original dash designs were wild, the Frog one was almost 360 like in its design. It acted more like a dash how we think of today rather than just a menu. Impressive they were thinking of it that far back. 

Shame it missed my OG Xbox stuff, started a new account on 360 because I hated my original Gamertag. Nevermind. 

C926F7B6-B278-4DAB-B9D5-7E7B1D1DCF36.png 

6 minutes ago, DisturbedSwan said:

Some of the Xbox fans not even owning an OG Xbox, tut tut.

I think they probably can't tell if you owned the original if you didn't have Live. There were no achievements etc. back then.

I haven't owned a console since 360/PS3, so imagine my one would be pretty barebones.

2 hours ago, Craymen Edge said:

think they probably can't tell if you owned the original if you didn't have Live

Yup, I owned an original Xbox for a short time, didn't sign up for LIVE until 2007 with the 360 though.🙂