passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Microsoft Consoles and Updates

Oliath

Everything to do with sharing anything on the Xbox is dog shit. All their options, services, methods. It’s about as bad as it could be, I think. They would be better not offering the options at all at least that way they would avoid disappointment

• 3 weeks later...

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2022-03-18-microsoft-has-removed-direct-to-twitter-sharing-feature-from-xbox-consoles

In an incredible turn of events Xbox have decided to make sharing features EVEN WORSE than they already were by removing direct to Twitter sharing. 

Unbelievable. They actually took their most dog shit features and went no. It’s not enough. We must make it even turddier 

I was testing out the Xbox “new” streaming patch which is essentially a short cut to what you did before. It is an improvement but there’s still no on screen chat. Not that anyone was there to say anything. The best improvement is the ability to turn the on screen graphic transparency up and down as it was solid before and in the way. But again why only have view count and stream timer visible to the streamer and not chat and cam? You shouldn’t have to start a stream and then have to log on somewhere else to check how it looks and if it’s working.

Its not awful just not modern. 

PS5 getting VRR, Xbox getting FSR 2.0 (Sounds like DLSS but different technology)

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2022-03-24-amds-fsr-2-0-upscaling-tech-heads-to-xbox

The chipmaker announced at GDC that FSR 2.0 "will also be fully supported on Xbox and will be available in the Xbox GDK for registered developers to use in their games" (thanks, The Verge).

FSR 2.0 was revealed last week for PC, which aims to improve performance in games by upscaling them from a lower resolution to a higher one.

Put it in a Switch 

• 1 month later...

xboxshowcase2022_final-7c39f15836302c10c9fb_cdaf8413-8a90-434c-ae36-57c49ef91341.webp

The Xbox & Bethesda Games Showcase will be streaming on Sunday 12th June from 10am PT, available across YouTube, Twitch, Twitch ASL, Twitter, Facebook, and TikTok, in more than 30 languages. You can expect plenty of Xbox Game Pass titles, too, of course.

Games...

Obviously Starfield will be there but I'm hoping there's some surprises in with that that are relatively close to release... to say that Microsoft’s release schedule looks sparse at the moment is an understatement.

Yeah, the whole gaming schedule for the rest of the year is a huge tumbleweed for the entire industry at the moment, but outside of Starfield we know practically nothing about Xbox's end of year/next year lineup so it'll be good to see if they've got anything else lined up.

I don't think Bethesda will have much else apart from Starfield and maybe some MP game, possibility a Deathloop Definitive Edition announcement coming in late September. 

On the Xbox Studios front I've honestly not a clue, none of their games seem close at all, maybe Forza Motorsport reboot? Who knows, but yeah it'll fun to find out. I hope they've got something big other than Starfield for the rest of this year.