passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Microsoft Consoles and Updates

Oliath

But they still supported Minecraft and Minecraft Dungeons on PS and Switch. There are some games that exceed popular in the gamersphere to true pop culture penetration. For these games I don't think making them exclusive would make sense financially 

Which are the best COD campaigns? Now that we're (hopefully) getting them for free, and I've become an accomplished FPSer, I might as well get thru 'em!

I've played modern warfare several times, and it's sequel but that's it. Some great missions in those, so I don't really know why I haven't played any of the others, possibly anti-hype snobbery on my part.

CoD 2 and 3 are really awesome. Although obviously they predate 4 which came and changed everything. But I still like the older games. 

Modern Warfare 2019 is excellent. Still not quite the high bar of MW1 and MW2 but it's great all the same. 

Hmm. Black Ops is popular but I don't like the ones I played. I just don't care about all their bullshit I just want to shoot stuff. "What about the numbers, Mason?!" Fuck your numbers, I don't give a shit 

That might be it lol. The rest are mediocre or bad as far as I'm concerned. Which is crazy considering how many there are.

Definitely skip some of the newer ones like Cold War and WW2. People like Infinite Warfare but I never played that. 

Err. Titanfall 2 is fucking crazy good. Not CoD but a lot of the talent that made MW1 and MW2 made it and it shows. 

This is probably just me "not getting it" but I never really understood why Ghosts got the hate it did... you shot things and they either fell over or exploded, pretty much standard fare for a CoD game. I enjoyed the campaign enough in any case.🤷‍♂️

Maybe here's not the best place to ask but my standouts @bellow would be:

• CoD 2
  • CoD4: MW
  • MW2
  • CoD: World at War
  • CoD: MW (2019)

Honourable mentions would be CoD: WWII, Advanced Warfare and Infinite Warfare.

Also, the M$/Acti-Blizz deal doesn't close until June 2023 at the earliest, so you'll be waiting awhile.

2 minutes ago, Nag said:

This is probably just me "not getting it" but I never really understood why Ghosts got the hate it did... you shot things and they either fell over or exploded, pretty much standard fare for a CoD game. I enjoyed the campaign enough in any case.🤷‍♂️

Ghosts is quite good actually. I think some of it is it came out at the disappointing X360/PS4 cross gen period so I think that general disappointment rubbed off on it. It didn't look good on either side of the generation and it was pretty standard CoD. But I liked it too 

Bloomberg: Microsoft deal for Activision to be reviewed by FTC in US.

The U.S. antitrust review of Microsoft Corp.'s proposed acquisition of Activision Blizzard Inc. will be handled by the Federal Trade Commission, according to a person familiar with the matter, putting the deal in the hands of an agency that has vowed more aggressive policing of deals.

The FTC will oversee the investigation into whether the takeover will harm competition, instead of the Justice Department, said the person, who wasn't authorized to speak publicly about the review. The two agencies share responsibility for antitrust reviews of mergers and often reach agreements about which one will investigate a deal.

FTC Chair Lina Khan has long advocated for a more forceful approach to reviewing deals, particularly by the biggest technology companies, which she says are able to leverage their dominance in one line of business to gain power in other markets. Under her leadership, the agency has sued to block two major takeovers -- Nvidia Corp.'s proposed purchase of Arm Ltd. and Lockheed Martin Corp.'s deal to buy of Aerojet Rocketdyne Holdings Inc.

Microsoft declined to comment about the review. The FTC didn't respond to a message seeking comment.

• 2 weeks later...

For you weird people who like to have others watch...

Microsoft is making it easier to stream directly to Twitch from your Xbox, via a new update across Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S.

Following the update, if you head to the Capture and Share tab on the Xbox Guide, you can select Live Streaming. Once your Twitch account is linked up on Xbox, you can choose the “Go Live Now” option and instantly begin streaming games that are downloaded on your Xbox console.

Players can also plug in their headset and webcam, manage audio levels, set their stream title, and even choose resolution and bitrate, all directly from the Xbox via Live Streaming Options. You can even switch between games mid-stream, and Twitch will update automatically with the new game you're playing.

You can download the update on Xbox now, and there's even more Twitch features coming to Xbox in the near future.