passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Microsoft Consoles and Updates

Oliath

1 hour ago, Maf said:

Forza coming out in November and then Halo coming out in December is really good (On Gamepass too. Think about that. PlayStation games £70. These 2 for £20.00). If Xbox doesn't win Christmas then I dunno anymore. I think if someone wants a Series X then I would try get them now if possible because by all rights they should be super rare at the end of the year. 

Does PlayStation have any big November/December games? I just Googled and saw nada

Xbox definitely has the better Autumn/Winter line up this year without a shadow of a doubt, all PS has from now until February next year is Kena, Jett: A Far Shore (which are both Indies) and Death Stranding Director's Cut whereas Xbox has Forza Horizon 5, Halo Infinite and a host of Indies and 3P titles coming Day 1 to GP like Back 4 Blood.

Xbox will do very well this Xmas season in the US and UK (typically its two strongest markets WW) but will get bodied pretty much everywhere else, PS5 is destroying pretty much everything in sales when it actually has stock available for folks to buy and I don't see any reason for that to stop this Xmas season unless stock dries up completely. 

Due to the strong popular titles already released on PS (MM, R&C Rift Apart and recently GoT Director's Cut) it doesn't 'need' any strong Xmas titles. The titles released earlier this year and late last year will be what people pickup with their PS5s for the rest of the year (see UK Chart for this week in the UK & US Sales Thread) along with (of course) CoD Vanguard and FIFA 22 when they're both released, 3P game sales heavily favour PS5 compared to Xbox Series (see UK & US sales thread again) here in the UK too.

You've mentioned this before but those games I've mentioned above won't be £70 this Xmas season (nor were they at launch if you shopped around just a little) and folks like those showpiece games that show off their new shiny console. Outside of enthusiast circles the general public don't know much about Game Pass still. 

This sounds like a slight when I say it but to Joe Public's eye the PS5 is TurboMan and the Xbox Series is Booster. That's just the way it is in terms of popularity and brand recognition with the general populace.

I wouldn't consider Got director's cut a strong title, or even Miles tbh. They both feel like uptarted PS4 games, which they are tbh. The big one is Ratchet, if that's a thing that will appeal to you.

Xbox is a much better prospect right now if you're console only. I guess Horizon is on old systems as well but it's probably not super held back by that

On 26/08/2021 at 11:38, one-armed dwarf said:

I wouldn't consider Got director's cut a strong title, or even Miles tbh. They both feel like uptarted PS4 games, which they are tbh.

I meant in terms of sales they're all strong titles and have strong sales potential this Autumn/Xmas season. I've not played GoT but in the full on RT mode MM felt nothing like a PS4 game to me, mad visuals.

Not disputing that some of the stuff in MM wouldn't be doable on the ps4 version but the visual upgrade seems minor at best. I've played a bit of it on 30fps. I dunno if the RT is being applied to anything other than skyscraper reflections, which I find I don't notice much anyway. I think so far the console in general feels like old games on higher settings, the RT just doesn't go far enough really. Not like something like Metro Exodus Remastered where it is genuinely a transformative upgrade and gives you a look into the future of game visuals.

To bring it back to the subject of this thread in particular the real time weather effects and cloud visuals/terrain streaming on Flight Sim still remains the biggest next gen tech impression for me, outside of HL Alyx. 

I think the reflections on the RT60 mode for Spider-Man are reflections only but it's on every if not most reflective surfaces. Windows, metals, puddles, etc. When swinging through the city it doesn't add that much but in cutscenes, fights  and photo modes it's quite cool.

I was playing the remaster of the main game and I had this cool thing where I was near enough the other end of the island, crawling along a wall and saw the Avengers logo in the window. Despite the fact the Avengers tower was literally over half the island away. Probably the coolest thing I've seen RT do so far. 

• 4 weeks later...

Xbox just got Dolby Vision HDR for gaming?!

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2021/09/28/dolby-vision-gaming-now-available-on-xbox-series-x-s/?ocid=Evergreen_soc_omc_xbo_tw_Photo_lrn_9.28.1

Dolby Vision Gaming Now Available on Xbox Series XIS

by Katie Slattery, Senior Program Manager, GXP  

Summary

• Gaming in Dolby Vision launches today on Xbox Series X|S. More than 100 next-gen HDR titles optimized for Series X|S are available now or coming soon in Dolby Vision.
  • In addition, thousands of classic HDR10 and Auto HDR games will benefit from improved picture quality through new Dolby Vision enhancement on Xbox Series X|S
  • Xbox Series X|S are the first game consoles to support gaming in Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos, which enhance gameplay with both full-spectrum visuals and immersive audio.
  • Dolby Vision is compatible with next-generation features available on Xbox Series X|S such as DirectX Raytracing, Automatic low-latency mode (ALLM), Variable Refresh Rate (VRR), and up to 120FPS.

Where's the hard on emoji what buttons is that? 

36 minutes ago, Maf said:

My TV is a C9 I swear if they only update the CX's and after I will 

The stuff that comes up when you Google that is LG were "looking in to" updating the C9 for Dolby Vision and 120hz gaming, I don't know from that whether it works without 120hz.🤔

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...