passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Microsoft Consoles and Updates

Oliath

@bellow

I've been using https://stockinformer.co.uk/

To try and get my Quest 2, and it works pretty well for quite a few major retailers. They have a discord channel that you can join and they send you a notification when something comes back in stock. For example, xsx were in stock this morning at Curry's (although I'd take Curry's stock check with a massive bag of salt. I ordered my quest2 from them on Saturday when it was "in stock" when actually they had no stock arriving until this Friday, so mileage may vary)

56 minutes ago, retroed said:

That's my most played game at the moment.

@bellow Series X bundles at Game.

https://www.game.co.uk/en/m/hardware/xbox-series?sortBy=PRICE_DESC&inStockOnly=false&cm_sp=Nav-_-Xbox-_-SeriesXS-_-Consoles

Edit: Oh, looks like they've gone already.

I don’t play multiplayer, I’m not good enough and get very annoyed at it...

I seem to be getting plagued by the random controller disconnect issue some people are having. Throughout Gears Tactics and now during the first couple of hours of Yakuza LaD my pad just disconnects from the system. Hasn’t done it loads - about 5 times throughout Gears’ 20+ hours. It fixes itself if I remove the batteries and put back in but still a pain in the arse :( 

From a quick google MS haven’t directly addressed the issue but some people in the early access dash thing are saying the new updates have potentially fixed it. Early adopter issues... 

Wow, good way to piss away a little of that good will they’ve been building up over last couple of years. That is a huge hike.

To think recently there were rumours of them getting rid of the whole pay for Gold stuff and just having GP Ultimate. Way off mark that one. Take it the Game Pass stuff is going to raise soon then. 
They could really do with increasing the quality of GWG if this is the case: they’ve been pretty shitty recently so this makes it even worse. 

-Didn’t Sony already do this? Like last year? I remember them having a pretty big increase relatively recently already. Not as big a jump as this though. 

1 hour ago, one-armed dwarf said:

My crystal ball shows that Sony will also hike prices eventually, probably

12 hours ago, Nag said:

Makes it a bit of a no brainer which one you'd buy doesn't it.

Yeah, neither. I already strongly dislike that there's no simple "play online" subscription on any system and that they all come with some added bonus (free* games) that I don't care about but still have to pay for anyway. Now between having to choose to pay twice as much as before or adding another service on top of the online gameplay feature just to have a better deal overall means I'm just not going to bother. I might occasionally buy a month or two when an interesting multiplayer game comes out but the days where I left the sub running are most certainly over now for me.

(The fact that you have to pay to play online on consoles is already a pretty dumb scenario anyway but at this point in time it's pointless to argue about that anyway.)