passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Microsoft Consoles and Updates

Oliath

14 hours ago, Nag said:

I keep meaning to go back to it for a replay to be honest, not sure if I'd be able to tell if it was a solid 60fps though.

Well if you ever find yourself playing it and it's not too much of a hassle you could just upload a short clip. The very first area is notorious for having huge frame drops on the 360 so that would be good example already.

23 hours ago, mmmark said:

Direct link to video because no one reads anymore:

Who knew journalists would exaggerate and straight out lie for clicks while the general public don’t have access to a device to see for themselves. 

maybe, but Jeff Bakula was one of the sources of this and he was misquoted. I'd also say Rich is way off if he thinks heaters begin at 2000w, you can get them from 400w. I also used to not bother turning the heating on in my room when I was playing on my old pc (much better insulated flat than the one I'm in), so it doesn't take that much 

but yeah, it's clearly not some massive design flaw and the console is going to be scalding people, way more was made of this than there should have been, but it's the press and blogs reporting on press and blogs

9 hours ago, Nag said:

If it wasn't already apparent it's becoming clearer and clearer that Microsoft’s ultimate aim is to find a way of making money without actually selling a console... whether this means they'll ever can the actual Xbox console itself, I'd like to think not. Console sale numbers are becoming less and less relevant.

This was actually their goal from the very start with the original Xbox. They said that they just wanted to own the entertainment hub you did all your stuff through back in EDGE or g™ in 2002 or something. It might have taken them a score to get there, but it looks like it might be coming into the final stages of their plan.