passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Microsoft Consoles and Updates

Oliath

That's pretty cool, one of the things I like with the Switch is the instant restart from sleep mode to the game you were playing, albeit the Xbox video suggests it does it with all  games (not just the current/active one) !?!?

Wonder how that will adapt (or not) to things like Dark Souls, where the (lack of) ability to save whenever you liked was somewhat fundamental to the gameplay (I suppose the same as on the NS version, however that was handled?)

14 minutes ago, shinymcshine said:

albeit the Xbox video suggests it does it with all  games (not just the current/active one) !?!?

You know I'm sure I saw one of those YouTube XSX testers say it it doesn't work with the game your playing when you close the console. Which, if true, kind of makes it a rare use feature for me.

Might have been a game that needs a continuous internet connection (like Destiny for example). Every game that can be played offline should work with Quick Resume, and up to three in parallel if they're Series X games (more than that for last-gen and older).

No more Xbox games on Switch, it sounds like (Although I doubt Minecraft is included in that). 

I’m cool with that. Feel free to hate my opinion but I think it kind of sucks that Xbox has 6 world beating games and 3 of them you can play on the Switch ?‍♂️ 

On Bethesda acquisition

Is it possible to recoup a $7.5 billion investment if you don’t sell Elder Scrolls VI on the PlayStation?” I asked.

“Yes,” Spencer quickly replied.

Then he paused.

“I don’t want to be flip about that,” he added. “This deal was not done to take games away from another player base like that. Nowhere in the documentation that we put together was: ‘How do we keep other players from playing these games?’ We want more people to be able to play games, not fewer people to be able to go play games. But I’ll also say in the model—I’m just answering directly the question that you had—when I think about where people are going to be playing and the number of devices that we had, and we have xCloud and PC and Game Pass and our console base, I don’t have to go ship those games on any other platform other than the platforms that we support in order to kind of make the deal work for us. Whatever that means.”

Sounding like TES and the rest will be Xbox/Pc only to me

4 hours ago, Maf said:

I’m cool with that. Feel free to hate my opinion but I think it kind of sucks that Xbox has 6 world beating games and 3 of them you can play on the Switch

Yeah, we know you sleep with exclusives because they make you feel better about your purchase decisions.

I think game pass would be good on Switch. Nintendo consoles can become dust gathering units waiting on first, second or third party exclusives.

Would be almost ideal for Xcloud. As a Ninty fan, I admit I've sort of ran out of things I want to play on it. There's plenty coming up, of course.

Have you played Halo? I feel like it’s only right to start on Xbox with the first Halo. It’s old but it’s awesome. 

EDIT: I checked out of curiosity but Cuphead is not on Game Pass. Boo what’s up with that.

Joking aside, I'm planning to fill my 350 gigs of SDR with these gamepass titles initially:

FF15, Alan Wake, Gears1, Fable, MasterChief collection, Outer worlds Ori and Hellblade. There's so many I want to play it's ridiculous.

I saw some Fable Anniversary the other day during a demo of the new Xbox and I want to play that game again, too. I haven’t played the first one since the OG Xbox so it will be fun to go back.

I don’t know how Fable 2 holds up today but I loved that game when it came out. I think I tried playing it a few years after the fact and it came off a bit slow. At release I played it maybe 3 times back to back, though. Beautiful game. I loved the atmosphere to Fable 2. So unique. 

Fable 3 is cool and has some interesting moments but for some reason the game just didn’t hit the same way. I only played it once the week it came out so I don’t have any specific thoughts about it just a general memory of meh. 

Really looking forward to whatever Fable 4 is going to be. It’s been a long time at this point so it will be interesting to see what a new developer’s take on the series will be over a decade later. 

But yeah I want to play some Fable 1 as well when this new Xbox comes out.