passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Microsoft Consoles and Updates

Oliath

59 minutes ago, Maf said:

It’s like I haven’t been talking about they want you in their ecosystem and not on their platform a million times before. They don’t want to be Xbox they want to be Netflix. The point of debate is does Gamepass effect the types of games they are making and news flash, the games you are asking for they have not done since the OG Xbox.

this sort of shit needs to stop @Maf, I warned you this morning, next time I see a post like this from you, you can have a day off 

There's an interesting conversation about what effect (affect?) Gamepass will have on the industry, you've contributed to it, but I'd rather it be a discussion and not an argument

12 hours ago, Maf said:

The point of debate is does Gamepass effect the types of games they are making and news flash, the games you are asking for they have not done since the OG Xbox.

I have no idea why you are so aggressive about this, it's hardly an emotional topic.

The thing is, they did have a certain focus during the first Xbox and Xbox360. A good partnership with BioWare for example, which only ended after the latter was bought by EA. The Xbox One era was a bit different, since the very concept of the platform was that gaming would be just 33% of what people would do with the machine (the other stuff being Teevee and Sports). And even though Mattrick left the ship early on, a lot of deals and projects have been in place at that point so it's difficult to judge that generation because it was all just a big misfire.

But even then I remember them saying they got the deal with Rise of the Tomb Raider because they wanted a big "adventure game" like Uncharted and didn't have a studio to build it. They also mentioned Horizon as a key game from the competition as the reason why Playground is not working on a racing game at the moment, but on Fable. So it's not like they didn't want to imitate Sony's successes at least a little at some point.

Rather recently this all changed though. Shortly before the showcase Spencer said they had a different vision for their games and wouldn't want to compete on that front anymore.

And I personally don't think it's too far-fetched to believe that, sooner or later their production will have to adapt to their business model, because selling a game for 15€ instead of 60€ to the single-player crowd (people who only play the campaigns of Gears, Halo etc.) isn't sustainable. Crossfire's singleplayer mode won't be part of Game Pass, so maybe that's a test to see how people react if they went down that route instead? We'll see in a couple of years. I might be completely wrong – in fact I hope so, because I want a classic, offline Fable – but it's still a possibility.

That could be a pack in too tbf. 

The two people I know with Xboxs who aren't on here don't use Game Pass. One has probably never heard of it, the other thinks if he gets it it'd tie in to his Gold and he'd end up paying more. Shame, because he could benefit from it in his position. 

There's always going to be people like that. There's always going to be people who like to own things, or just don't want to download games. TV and music are different to games, for the size alone, plus they're generally more disposable, but even someone like me prefers to own their music rather than just stream it 

Quick reminder that you can still play a couple of cool demos today before they'll be removed during the day tomorrow.

I'd recommend Cris Tales, Haven, Raji: An ancient Epic, Kaze and the Wild Masks, YesterMorrow and just for the heck of it The Vale, a game designed for blind people (very interesting approach).

1 hour ago, Maryokutai said:

Raji: An ancient Epic

I had fun with this one. It's like Lara Croft and The Guardian of Light/Temple of Osiris meets old-school God of War with hints of Diablo in there. Plus the ancient Indian mythology was a great, usually unused source of inspiration.

Glad to see them go, they were ugly as fuck.

Even less to let people know a game is best on XSX now though, doubt joe bloggs will look at a back of a box to find out. Think it's silly not having different cases for XSX games myself.

I still wonder which version of the game they're burning on the discs. The optimist in me says the Series X one, the realist says Xbox One and the pessimist says it's just a bunch of kilobytes that confirm the authenticity of the game and you have to download everything no matter the system.

Disappointed in this, but my phone contract is up today so I guess I might jump ship, the first time since the iPhone 3GS I will be iphoneless. 5g better connection if we ever get back to the football and gamepass is a big sell for a phone.

My gaming time or willingness to play games has gone down in the last few years, my pile of gaming shame getting bigger, lockdown didn’t help as I was still working, but I play on my switch in small doses so for me game pass on the phone might trigger me into playing more.

If I can’t do that on an iPhone then I guess Samsung is the way forward. Just hope there top end one is better than my dodgy work one.

2 hours ago, Manicm said:

Disappointed in this, but my phone contract is up today so I guess I might jump ship, the first time since the iPhone 3GS I will be iphoneless. 5g better connection if we ever get back to the football and gamepass is a big sell for a phone.

Keep your iPhone and get a Samsung Galaxy Tab or something might be an alternative?

3 hours ago, DisturbedSwan said:

#SGonGivItToYa

That’s the most cringe console war bait I’ve ever read, and I’m pretty old now. 

Thats a lot of interest in what is essentially the same pad. It does look nice tho. Before any kids have used it to play fortnite for months.