passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Microsoft Consoles and Updates

Oliath

If PS5 can’t do Destiny 2 at 4K60 than I’ll move over but I’ve been playing Destiny on PlayStation since day 1 so it’ll have to be really behind for me to move over 

Also did that guy say Ori will run at 120 and 4K and HDR at the same time?

lol then they announce a new STALKER, pretty dope Xbox

1 minute ago, Maf said:

If PS5 can’t do Destiny 2 at 4K60 than I’ll move over but I’ve been playing Destiny on PlayStation since day 1 so it’ll have to be really behind for me to move over 

It's insane to me that they have wall gardened all the different platforms for that game.

Great way to kill off a community for a MMO

Pretty bad show but it's all expected by this point. 

I am definitely not buying one of these machines at launch. They just don't have much to offer right now. If it's all last gen stuff at higher framerates then why not just upgrade a PC (if you have one). That's kinda not why I get excited for new consoles, old games ran smoother

I don't like Fable games either

Yeah I'm kinda happy both systems look a bit rubbish right now. Obviously deadlines have been fucked by the virus but it's a mixed blessing then cause the money isn't there right now.

The only thing that could make me flip to next gen right now is if PS5 has Demon's Souls at launch, but I could possibly even wait for that cause I don't even like original Demon's lol.

Xbox is just a multiplat machine, I have one of those

So many thoughts and none of them good. I don’t think it was terrible but certainly underwhelming. What is going on with Halo? Who the fuck is this bearded guy? Like who gives a shit, really? And the action just didn’t land. After Doom’s Eternal grappling hook you can’t show Halo having a grappling hook that looked that slow and robotic. 

And all this focus on last gen stuff. It’s hard to tell where the problem with that lies. Is it the pandemic, was this always the plan while their new studios need another year or is this just the problem with supporting the old hardware. 

I don’t know. There are things in there that looked cool but nothing that hit like multiple PS5 announcements hit. 

Also is Player Unknown making Fable? Did I see that right?

I need time to digest. I’m not out but I’m certainly not in. Ever wild and that horror game were the 2 things I saw that was really cool. 

5 minutes ago, Maf said:

Also is Player Unknown making Fable? Did I see that right?

Jesus Christ, thankfully not. Playground is doing it, the guys from Forza Horizon (good for them btw., must be a lot more interesting to work on than a racing game).

Oh, right, duh. I barely caught the Fable trailer, I was doing something lol. 

I still can’t believe people weren’t impressed with the Sony video. That was brilliant.

This video was not as brilliant. 

Everwild and The Medium look great. Aside from that it was all CGI on the next gen stuff. Say what you want about the Sony show but they showed new games you’d not heard of before and they showed gameplay for the most part. 

The only gameplay we saw was Halo Infinite which looked like an Xbox One game and a little bit of Atroved - which looked good. I don’t see the point of the Hellblade bit, they showed nothing and then the Dontnod game - which looks great - but isn’t exactly a graphical showpiece and we’d seen last year at E3.

They’ve got some stuff in the works, but it doesn’t seem like much. What is there doesn’t interest me much either.

I thought it was 4 @Nag ?, good luck playing Horizon 2 on Series X ?

I kept expecting a jaw dropping moment, a reason to invest into the Xbox next-gen ecosystem and it never came. With the Sony show that came right at the start with Ratchet and the time jumps along with exclusive PS5 AAA games and actual gameplay.

The biggest failure of that show was that it still gave no reason to buy a Series X over the opposition or even if you have an Xbox/PC for the first 2 years at least.

When I thought they were announcing Tetris Effect 2 I almost wrote Sony a letter saying how could you let this happen

Instead it just turns out it’s timed exclusive multiplayer mode

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-07-23-tetris-effect-is-getting-multiplayer-as-a-timed-xbox-exclusive

I’ll play Tetris Effect on Xbox, sure, but that’s not a big of a deal as I thought.