passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Microsoft Consoles and Updates

Oliath

The Xbox dash is shit. Simples. The X makes it at least useable so it’s not like a slideshow where you have to wait 30minutes for each bit to load in if you press something but it’s still crap. 

It could do with some quality of life changes too. Especially the store. Take Trials Rising Beta as a recent example for me. As I was searching it kept trying to take me to the Fusion store page instead and then when I got to Rising it was the full game with no sign of the Beta. I had to go to a completely different page forit. Whereas when something like that is on the PS Store it’s all together and logically laid out. Same with DLC, I can get all the available DLC for one game showing on a page. On the Xbox I’ve had to search for a particularly piece of DLC I want because it’s not tied to the game page. When there’s multiple versions of one game (special, ultimate, deluxe etc) it gets even more confusing. Sure it’s not that hard to figure out and it’s not the end of the world but it could be so much better. Especially with MS where they got it so right last gen, I don’t know how they’ve fucked the dash up so much compared to the 360. It’s nowhere near as user friendly. Just annoying to use even now it’s my primary console, I still can’t get properly used to it. 

1 hour ago, Jimbo Xiii said:

How does the game pass thing work for pc? Isn't there some stuff you get on there as well? I can't seem to work it out from looking online.

Game Pass is pretty weak on PC, I'm not sure it's officially supported yet. The store didn't even let you filter the game pass games for just those playable on PC last time I looked.

There is a small selection of Play Anywhere titles, where you buy once and have access to them on Xbox and PC

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/xbox-play-anywhere

But  the vast majority weren't on the game pass last time I looked.

@Jimbo Xiii

Basically what Craymen said. They're selling it on pc so it's out on pc, but the selection isn't very good and you have to use the Windowsill store. Gears 4 is on there, Sea of Thieves, I think Crackdown 3 is now, but maybe only about 10 other games 

They quite often do deals where you can get a month for £1 so you could play through a couple of things 

I think Xbox are trying to think about the future as obviously this time around their console has not done very well. I also think it says a lot that Xbox want to put their stuff on the other team’s machine just so they can sell to more people. 

But Sony are top dog right now and don’t have to share their toys with anyone. Even the cross platform play was just because of swelling negative press and not really because they want to. 

11 hours ago, Nag said:

Why?

I'm not going to say it's a terrible idea because I don't think it will do any major harm, other than possibly not make money (like, it's not going to damage the brand or anything), and if it's really, really cheap I can see an initial rush of people being tempted. I can see why they might try to sell a Game Pass box, however their current SKUs aren't exactly flying off the shelves, I'm not sure a basic Xbox, with no disc drive, is really going to tempt people, with the caveat of if it's stupidly cheap I can see it doing alright