passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Microsoft Consoles and Updates

Oliath

Yeah, the biggest leap comment is something they can turn around later and say “for Xbox” or they back away from it later

The thing that catches me is the “new hardware paradigms” that could definitely imply cloud gaming. But I think could gaming, as streaming games or “using the power of the cloud”, has never proven itself or really taken off. So if I were them I wouldn’t put all my eggs in that basket

I dunno. It’s too vague turn of corporate speak to guess anything real, but it sounds generally they’re not going to focus on making great games for a great console, and instead trying to change what a console is to fit their own ambitions of Xbox becoming a service.

I suppose it’s very old man to complain about attempt at change, maybe consoles shouldn’t/can’t go on the way they have for the last 30 something years. But just as an idea I’m kind of like fuck that. Build 1 box not 2, get the quality and rate of game releases up, and if you want to have the best backward compatibility features ever on a Xbox then great. But prioritise these things instead of cross save cloud support and hardware paradigms.