passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Microsoft Consoles and Updates

Oliath

I havent played online so i havent noticed any lag but it'll be in my mind now.

As for the update, i like it, im really not bothered about the Avatars personally but they do make it look a bit more twee. I wonder if given a bit more time, once everybody knows where everything is peoples impressions will change.

Only thing i dont like is the fact that it doesnt let you read a message instantaniously by pressing the guide button when the alert pops up. But thats not a major problem.

As for the installing, thats come at just the right time, Banjo N&B is a great game but fuck me, the loading times....

Do you have the GOW2 Last Day Theme? If so you'll notice its a special theme that shows your friends stood in fornt of GOW items like vehicles and stuff instead of the default things (its hard to explain ok?). They are known as Premium theme's apparently. Yes that probably means they cost more!

Thats kinda cool, everybodys either behind a robot, X's or a load of boxes at the moment, possibly some infront of musical instruments.

Tell u what i did dig tho, the avatars (taken semi seriously) give you an insight into what your nerdy online mates may look like sort of.

Well my girlfriend made mine for me as she got home early and i asked her to download the update for me.

I honestly don't think i would have bothered otherwise.

I hate the new friends list. Its rediculous. It takes ages to scroll through and you cant see who is online at a glance.... I mean honestly... who gives a shit. Even the one in the blade is less convenient as its smaller.

The idea of xbox live for me was that i could very quickly see who was online and who was doing what.

I do appreciate the power of the new party system but its just a glorified lobby chat and allows you to send multiple invites instead of individually. It doesn't actually make any games work better unless the games themselve have built in party systems.

I think i need to learn my way around the dashboard now before i can properly comment, but at a glance it was all just advertising.

The first thing i did was copy gears to my HD.

The second thing i did was figure out how to use the blade and get the old look back.

Sad I know, but I cleaned up my games list and deleted the 0 point ones. Even sadder that I was really happy about it afterwards. :blush:

Kept Catan though as I've barely played that and keep meaning to.

*EDIT*

I also really like the new game library, arcade games have their own cover art which is brilliant. :)

i don't mind it, though the partychat/game chat threw me and a mate a slight curve yesterday, we we playing so0me horde, set to party chat, i joined some nowloading peeps and dragged him in and it took him about 5 mins to realise that he was still on party chat, he was wondering why everyone was so quiet!!! When you end a party it doesn't seem to automatically kick you out of the party chat mode

I've made myself a dumb avatar as well, seemed more fun than trying to make myself

Is it just me, or is the Marketplace still ridiculously slow for some things?. I simply can't download the Mirror's Edge demo at all, it stays at like 1% for an hour and then I switched it off, so I checked an arcade game at 50mb that was in the bowels the Marketplace and it downloaded in a minute.

It's really kind of annoying.

i'm loving the party system. It was ace tonight playing gears, but being able to other stuff and keep in the conversation. The only problem being some tool on my friend list (he's pretty good at Halo, don't judge me) joined us and started having a conversation at the top of his voice about his phone not working with someone in the room with him. Then we all left that party and started a new one without him, i then deleted him..twat.