passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Microsoft Consoles and Updates

Oliath

It can be very passive on a moment to moment basis but I thought XII's combat system was very cool. Setting up clever little macros and letting them go off on enemies. It's really expressive with what you can make it do even within the limits of what was possible with PS2 memory.

It's a really strong idea for a real time RPG combat system that solves all the problems with rubbish party AI that XV has but I've never really seen it used in abother game. Apparently Dragon Age Origins has a similarish system.

A lot of the story stuff in XII is very forgettable tho, like they forget to involve you in it.

• 2 weeks later...

Microsoft has announced Xbox's Games with Gold lineup for February.

Xbox One owners can download Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon, the 8-bit Castlevania-inspired spin-off of the upcoming Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night, throughout the month of February.

Xbox One owners can also download Super Bomberman R from 16th February to 15th March.

Elsewhere, Xbox 360 owners can download Assassin's Creed: Rogue from 1-15th February, then original Xbox game Star Wars: Jedi Knight - Jedi Academy from 16-28th February. Both work on Xbox One via the backwards compatibility feature.

Sweet, heard good things about Booodstained. Come close to buying it a few times. Used to love Bomberman back in the day and heard decent things about the new one but wasn’t confident enough to actually buy it so that’s great news for me. 

1 minute ago, Nag said:

Why would it have anything to do with something from over 5 years ago that never happened?... Sony or Nintendo could implement a server side update and bork their consoles just as easy I'd imagine.

Apparently we're up and running again now, fingers crossed.

because it's not letting you get to the dash (the OS essentially) without going through an online check first, or at least that's my understanding of what's happening, I could have it wrong. Remember, you had to download a patch at launch because the always online was baked in, without that patch you couldn't play games offline. It is an assumption obviously, and I'd love to see an actual explanation, but I wouldn't be amazed if the old drm wasn't removed rather just patched over

9 minutes ago, retroed said:

Meanwhile, I've just gone to play my Switch and continue the very long Civilization VI tutorial which you can't save part way through, and it's forcing a system update and I have to close the software.

I mean, that's on you for not getting past the tutorial before suspending the software. I wouldn't even have a go at Microsoft for that ?

16 minutes ago, retroed said:

It is actually possible to carry on the game without updating, hence I deleted the post. It's a long tutorial. I'm still on it.

is it your first Civ? I felt like I didn't really know what I was doing fully until fairly late in on 5