passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Microsoft Consoles and Updates

Oliath

“It's a feature you might wish had arrived sooner, but Microsoft has now fully rolled out the ability to wishlist games on its store. 

Wish Lists had previously been trialled with Xbox Insiders (essentially beta testers), but everyone is now able to access the feature.”

That to me reads like its to all users now? Later it says the improved shopping cart is still only for insiders 

The improved shopping cart, however, will only be available for Xbox Insiders and Windows Insiders for the time being.”

Yup, lots of little bits and pieces in there for Xbox owners.

Add-ons to Horizon 4, State I’d Decay 2, a little bit of Crackdown 3 MP. A few Indie announcements.

PUBG comes to Game Pass today.

They've acquired inXile Entertainment (makers of Wasteland 3, Tides of Numenara) and Obsidian.

That was pretty much it. I almost threw my iPad at the wall when Larry Hyrb did a super cringey ‘Black Friday Deals’ bit, so incredibly cringey and embarrassing.

Just sounds like another ploy in the future to stop you selling your used games to me.

Use this disc-less console as a Trojan Horse to get console gamers used to the idea that they can't sell/buy games for the next gen and an online check in every 24 hours.

I don't trust Microsoft one iota with stuff like this after the lies around the XBOne launch. 

1 hour ago, Nag said:

Because after all the good stuff they've done in an attempt to win over gamers since then that's exactly what they're attempting to do... Alienate their fanbase all over again. @Blakey

Oh god. Previous post was made when rather drunk last night.

I actually think a disc-less XBOne if cheap enough could be a great move.

It’s really interesting to see Xbox coming out with all these left field ideas.

I definitely think this is a test the water thing aswell as an option. 

Stupid not too. 

I mean who's to say they don't offer both next gen for those that want it. Offer larger HDD for lack of Disc or just knock price down a bit. Chuck in 3 month of Game Pass to get a bite. 

I called it. 

4 hours ago, ThreeFour said:

I definitely think this is a test the water thing as well as an option. 

Stupid not too. 

I mean who's to say they don't offer both next gen for those that want it. Offer larger HDD for lack of Disc or just knock price down a bit. Chuck in 3 month of Game Pass to get a bite. 

I called it. 

This is a fair point. As a subscription machine to the Game Pass it could be an entry for a lot of those that can't afford to play normally. I mean you could go down the used versions as well if you're super broke, but I guess that's for the consumer to decide.

I know we're all super against this, but this is where gaming is going. Look at what the PC is doing and consoles are like 10 years behind. I don't even have a CD drive in my PC, they're just redundant and eventually they will be redundant on consoles as well. What needs to happen is many storefronts selling codes that stimulates competition for the digital games buyer.

Cost and the option to sell on is the only reason to go physical now.  Mandatory installs are so big that they take up as much room as a downloaded copy. 

The subscription model and a free system is definitely a way to make it more disirable than physical media. 

They'll always be collectors, and with stuff like games being pulled from sale digitally I think there will always be a call for a system that takes discs, but it just might become more of an outlier. 

17 minutes ago, Nag said:

Games being delisted is a bitch but as far as I'm aware as long as it's in your download history it's always there to redownload...?

Maybe I should try it with Alan Wake or Forza Horizon 2.

This is correct. Although you can't see your 360 download history on Xbox.com anymore.