passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Gears of War 2

illdog

Friend brought this round last night. Found it to be more of the same :huh:

Anyone else feel dirty about achieving G's on a game a frind has brought round that you dont like?

Wiivo? Pessimistic? Get outa town.

Agreed it is more of the same, more of the same awesomeness.

i playe a little bit of the multi the other day, i had to wait for aaaaages before getting a game, then ended up on a team of yanks who were just arguing with each other!!!!

on another note jimbo if i'm playing campaign and you fancy some multi i'll drop anything for some horde mode :), you motherfucking fag motherfucker

I was just reading back through this whole impressions thread and my opinions seem to be all over the place, but i think that accurately represents the highs and lows i felt when playing.

Overall i thought it was excellent, having played the original to the extent i have i was really looking forward to a new Gears adventure and it certainly didnt dissapoint. The story was compelling, the action furious and the graphics beautiful. If not a little dark in some places, but i suppose you are underground.

The part when Dom found his wife in that container was excellently told, when he saw her unharmed walking out with a smile on her face i was thinking \'thats a bit shit!\' but all i had to do was wait...

I think the whole control issue was probably me, toward the end i had no problem at all, infact it felt perfectly fluid so im gonna take 10 spaco points for that, but the AI is still annoying...

Still fucking dissapointed with the ending, it was sooo Halo 2. Marcus should have just held up a sign saying see you in Gears 3. The boss (if you can call it that) was no challenge at all, i couldnt believe it whrn those GP\'s started appearing telling me the game was done. The whole ride on the Brumac was pretty good fun but only helped in building up my dissapointment with what it led too. IMO, Skorge should have been the final boss RAAM style, but more duck and cover, more chainsaw trade offs and a jump off the sofa moment when you finally kill the cunt.

Now ive finished it i definately want to go through it again on Co-Op, possibly on Insane for that real challenge. Multiplayer awaits after Banjo/Mirrors Edge.

Overall i'll say i really really enjoyed it, it's not perfect and i think all the stuff you pointed out is valid. I want to go through it again, but i'm a bit gunned out at the moment, i want to get something that doesn't involve blowing shit up, maybe a jrpg, perhaps Persona 3.

As for playing it though again, i tried to again the other night on Hardcore, i started but couldn't be bothered, not fault of the game, its just to soon after finishing it.

I'm in the bit outside the palace, trying to get to the queen. I've had a couple of weird glitches that meant I had to do two bits over again. The part where the walls open to let you in and then close when you're inside until you've finished the wave, I was standing over where the wall sits when it came up and then I was stuck on top and couldn't get down. And then it saved my checkpoint. :(

Lol

Right i have a massive problem with this game.

The AI is fucking annoying...as in your team mate AI.

They charge on ahead... kill all the badguys and generally make the game way too fucking easy.

Pretty much every fight you can hang back and have them all do it for you.... its like playing with some annoying cunt who has beaten the game five times already and is just sprinting through it and ruining everything for you.

i quite like it though as it means less accomplished players (such as myself) can actually get through the game

one thing i do love is the fact that the ai bots in multi games are actually decent, i can play games with 9 bots and actually have more fun that if i had to play with a bunch of whiney kids on live who just irritate me and i don't talk to anyway (though to be honest i'm still shit against bots, just lost a game of annex and i came last :( )

Yeah i don't mind them in bot matches, but i am just getting pissed off that i can't do any of the fighting myself grrrr.

Seriously... one time to test it out i fucked off to one side and just let them wipe the locust out.

I'm not enjoying it half as much as the first game to be honest.

I am loving the Horde mode and all those additions, but the single player is a bit of a let down for me. Perhaps i need to be playing it all co-op or something like i did with the first one.

On the last act now, just met

the Queen

. I turned it off just after it saved, so next time I play it'll be horsey time. :D

I have to say, the single player is so far much better than the first one, more variety, more types of enemies, weapons, etc.

Above all else, there's a actually a story here rather than whatever the hell was in the first one. Ok, so it's still big and dumb, and story is the least important thing in a game, but it's cool to have it fleshed out a bit more this time.

I was saying to Oli, the other day, I want them to do a spin-off series. Use the same engine and everything, but tell the story from the Locust side. Might well be pointless but hey.

Ive finished this today using the co-op with the mrs, she loved it! and tbh i was impressed it really gets going into the later stages and yep the horsey stage was superb! couldn't believe how good it was, my one and only gripe and i knew it was coming its just too short!

Might be the only time i complain that a game is too short, but i shouldn't be able to finish a game over a weekend! i mean i have games i havent even started and i doubt i will finish them over a weekend! would be nice to have an extra couple of chapters maybe as someone said showing the bad guys story, attacking one of the other squads would be great!

been playing some coop on insane, up to chapter 4 so far and some bits are surprisingly easy and some bits are really hard/annoying, but it's pretty satisfying when you get past a hard bit.

are the bots really tht good on single player? It maybe helpful on insane mode.

it is helpful, unless they die really far ahead and you can't get to them to revive them. they seem to have loads more health than you do, as a player you have to keep in cover all the time you can die so easily but the cpu controlled characters just run in like rambo or something. maybe they were trying to make up for the first game where they were usless, needing reviving all the time.